PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 501 CF Card

Custom Search

ni311
03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a Bizhub 501 that won't boot anymore. I believe it is a CF card error. I cannot read all the files on the card, the only solution is to format the card and try to re-write the files. Was anyone able to format the card with success?

pepper38_cnd
03-27-2011, 01:53 PM
KM cautions never to format that card. Having said that I believe the format is VxWorks you could try putting the card into say an ip422 and using the VxFormat command or I have even heard of people installing the card into a digital camera and formatting as most of them use VxWorks as well. If you believe your card is already toasted you have nothing to lose trying.

ni311
03-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks pepper for your suggestion. I tried to format it with a Canon digital camera that works with this card with no success. I believe the only solution is to find a software that it is able to clone a good card and duplicate it on the second card. Any ideas?...

dallas
03-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Use this tool DiskTool zum Download auf Freeware.de (http://www.freeware.de/download/disktool_22080.html) to make a clone of a CF card image from a good bizhub 501.
Check that there is no another CE password instead the standard.

ni311
03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I will try tomorrow and let you know, thanks a lot.

ni311
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
You cannot create image with this application. Both "Create image from disk" and "Write image to disk" are disabled.

copytechman
03-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Try "run as administrator"!

regards!
A,

boanda
04-01-2011, 08:10 AM
You cannot create image with this application. Both "Create image from disk" and "Write image to disk" are disabled.

Order new one. I had same problems on 421,probably, the card is damage ,and tried all kind of tools to format, rewrite or flush firmware with no success. I ordered new with firmware v.13 and upgrade it, First with v20, then v21. (that is procedure)

CraigW
05-02-2011, 05:36 PM
KM cautions never to format that card. Having said that I believe the format is VxWorks you could try putting the card into say an ip422 and using the VxFormat command or I have even heard of people installing the card into a digital camera and formatting as most of them use VxWorks as well. If you believe your card is already toasted you have nothing to lose trying.

We have a 501 with scanning issues (more than 1 page creates error and stops machine) We got it working for a short while using a card reader and some Konica Minolta solutions like deleting flt.dir (had 0kb) & took it back to V20.

The problem is occuring again now...and we would like to try another 256mb SD card of our own and perform the same proccess we tried earlier.

(1) Can we use a Konica IP-422 or IP-423 to install Vx Works onto our new 256mb card ?? Using Hyper terminal ?? Is the procedure in the IP manuals ??

(2) Would it be the same version of Vx works as the now newer 501 uses ??

As a test we are going to simply remove flt.dir from the card and see what happens. (quite certain it may not last long though)

Thanks for any help available.

ni311
05-03-2011, 01:41 PM
If I am remembering correct, the latest firmware version fixed some scanning issues. I'm not sure that are connected with your problems, but it might worth trying.
Second, we tried different approaches to CF Card issue with no luck.
Please, let us all know, if you are having any success.

Thanks.

CraigW
05-03-2011, 02:21 PM
If I am remembering correct, the latest firmware version fixed some scanning issues. I'm not sure that are connected with your problems, but it might worth trying.
Second, we tried different approaches to CF Card issue with no luck.
Please, let us all know, if you are having any success.

Thanks.

We saw in the release notes for V21 that it may solve this problem, so the boss took it to V21 on Monday.

Thank you.

Downunder
05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
If you have another 501 handy, copy the contents of the card. With your corrupt card you need to "cut" the information from this card and then paste the contents of the copied card.

You will need to change serial number, Options, etc.

Sometimes the cards do get corrupt files on them and cannot be removed.

Version 7-21 helped stabilize the cards and make them less volatile.

Custom Search