PDA

View Full Version : Canon IR 2016J

Custom Search

canpit
07-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Hy,i need somme help on this model.After power on ,a message appear on the screen"Download Standby",and i can't make any copy,this message not dissapear.I try many times a reset method on service mode,i change battery on PCB,i try general reset,i veryfied all conectors,but on service manual,is not say any thing about this message or error,and message apear again after power on.Any ideea,or advice is verry apreciated.

Thanks,

My respect

Copier_Guy
07-24-2007, 05:11 AM
Hy,i need somme help on this model.After power on ,a message appear on the screen"Download Standby",and i can't make any copy,this message not dissapear.I try many times a reset method on service mode,i change battery on PCB,i try general reset,i veryfied all conectors,but on service manual,is not say any thing about this message or error,and message apear again after power on.Any ideea,or advice is verry apreciated.

Thanks,

My respect

It sounds like the machine is booting up in Download Mode. It sounds like you have a problem with your Main Controller PWB.

canpit
08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
I change it,and no result.Thank's anyway

CanonHPTech
08-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Simple issue to solve, if you have the right tools. Boot ROM chip (on main controller) is blank or someone upgraded this model with the Printer Kit and did not update the System Software which is on the Boot ROM. Software has to be updated using Canon Support Tool, via the USB port and System Software Version 60.02 or higher CD. There is also an outside chance that the Boot ROM chip is bad or just need to be reseatted (with power off of course). Good luck, let us know how you made out.

canpit
08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Is not kit printer or network instaled on this model,al work on this is executed manualy(only copier)not printer.I have no ideea how upgrade by cd.I try to resset boot room chip,and will by posted result here,

Thank's CanonHPTech,

my respect,

Custom Search