PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 601 output method configuration reset with restart computer

Custom Search

tapczan
03-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi,
we have two problems with our bizhub601 printer we bought 2 months ago.

First and the most important is, that box seetings (output method->save in user box) on users machines don't remember configuration after computer restart. It happens with few machines, seems that only XP SP3 is affected and our Vista/windows7 users are fine. It's hard too debug because the same way of configuration and the same system sometimes is fine and sometimes is not.

Second, sometimes printing pdf files from user box jam. Only remove task from queue and print again helps. It is probably platform-independent.

Our outher konica devices (bizhub600, c203) are OK.

driver is the latest from konica page, with older was the same:
Core : 2.03.79-0.22
Sub : 1.0.0
KPD : 300.600.A0PL0.300.700

Thanks in advance for every help and clues :)

Mr Spock
03-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Hi,

First and the most important is, that box seetings (output method->save in user box) on users machines don't remember configuration after computer restart. It happens with few machines, seems that only XP SP3 is affected and our Vista/windows7 users are fine. It's hard too debug because the same way of configuration and the same system sometimes is fine and sometimes is not.

Are the logged in users set as computer admin's? If not that could be the issue. Also what firmware is on the copier as that could be an issue if you use the latest driver on older firmware. These tend to need to be a matched set.

As to the pdf issue check which version of adobe reader/pro is doing this as I have had several customers update to version 10(X) and now they have issues. And do not get me started on adobe 8.0!!!

tapczan
03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Are the logged in users set as computer admin's? If not that could be the issue. Also what firmware is on the copier as that could be an issue if you use the latest driver on older firmware. These tend to need to be a matched set.

As to the pdf issue check which version of adobe reader/pro is doing this as I have had several customers update to version 10(X) and now they have issues. And do not get me started on adobe 8.0!!!

thx for answer
yes, all of them have admin rights. PDF print method is converting doc by office 2007 plugin or pdfcreator. And it happens when user print file from box, so it would be strange that used software has a matter, but I will check it.
Firmware.. I forgot write this in first post... It's probably stupid question, but how to check installed firmware? I can't find it in any manual. I can't even find newest firmware to download on onyxftp (http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=1138) :/

Custom Search