PDA

View Full Version : Di1611 remove dev/drum

Custom Search

gordie
03-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to remove the dev/drum unit from a minolta Di1611?
Does it have to be released via the engineer codes? if so can someone help!

Thanks in advance
Gordie

minimerlin
03-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Open the front door, at the right hand end is the unit you mention, this is held in by two silver screws one near the top left of the light grey cover and the other half way down the right hand side of this cover. Remove these screws (do not remove ANY black screws) open the right hand door..and then pull the unit towards you to remove. Away the lads!!

gordie
04-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanx minimerlin.I feel a bit silly now asking a the question but i have not worked on many minolta's. I have a fault code cof32 am i right in assuming it is the atdc? is it the case of changing the sensor or is there a setting that can correct this?

Regards Gordie

minimerlin
04-01-2011, 09:15 PM
No problem with the questions, Gordie. I suggest you check the Supplies life counter to see if the Drum/Dev are old, also make sure that the toner replen system works. I have never had an ATDC sensor fail on one of those machines! I suspect maybe that there is not enough toner in the image unit. If you do change the sensor you need to replace the developer as well or you cannot get the set up.

ni311
04-02-2011, 10:59 AM
I suggest you to replace the developer, works like a charm and it is cheap.

gordie
04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi Thanks for the replies! I have cleaned out the recycle toner tubes as they looked compacted. The machine has 85k on the meter is this the life of the drum & dev? Think I will order these up .Could anybody supply me with a service manual to enable me to set the machine up
Many Thanks gordie

Custom Search