PDA

View Full Version : C353 intermittant very pale prints/copies.

Custom Search

minimerlin
04-01-2011, 09:50 PM
We have a few machines doing the same things! Looks like transfer failure but cannot be certain as never fails when engineer on site! We have change IUs, Transfer belt and roller, Control, MFP and HV boards. Checked all set ups are ok. all to no avail...still comes back. All colours go very pale at the same time, Any ideas out there?

Thanks.:confused:

acusso1234
04-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Initialization and new complete installation then calibration?

huntergazz
04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I had this problem with a C203 a few months ago. turned out to be the laser control board.

mrwho
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Is the light area covering the complete page or just half of it? Did the customer show you any examples?

minimerlin
04-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Is the light area covering the complete page or just half of it? Did the customer show you any examples?It is the whole of the page and all colors (inc K). I insulated the transfer roller connection as a test and I get almost the same copy/print as the user showed me. I have no means of uploading a scan at present.

EarthKmTech
04-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Ive seen it many times, from what ive seen its failed second transfer.

opening and closing of the main right hand side door will fix it instantly - till it comes back again.

Replacing the second transfer roller has worked for me, along with cleaning its contact.

minimerlin
04-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the reply...we have replaced the roller, contact and HV.....still re-occurs tho!

mo0651
04-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Is it throwing a c2152 code? Check counters. We had that happen because of the alienation sensor being dirty.

minimerlin
04-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Is it throwing a c2152 code? Check counters. We had that happen because of the alienation sensor being dirty.No codes at all! ..just a quick question tho..what do you mean by alienation sensor? Never heard of these in any of my machines

chexin51
04-18-2011, 09:59 PM
The transfer belt has rollers that move up to pressure the T belt against the drums when color copying and they release when making BW copies. Clutch CL7 is responsible for this action - it might be slipping

a. remove the Rear Left (as viewed from rear) covers so the PWB is exposed
remove upper rear cover
look between the 2 fans and look down - you can just see the 2 copper bearings with shafts
the one on the right is CL7 ( A02EM20000 ) Clutch for the TBelt Pressure Retraction - the shaft must rotate once
If it does not rotate then the clutch must be replaced - 3 hours minimum

minimerlin
04-19-2011, 10:10 PM
The transfer belt has rollers that move up to pressure the T belt against the drums when color copying and they release when making BW copies. Clutch CL7 is responsible for this action - it might be slipping

a. remove the Rear Left (as viewed from rear) covers so the PWB is exposed
remove upper rear cover
look between the 2 fans and look down - you can just see the 2 copper bearings with shafts
the one on the right is CL7 ( A02EM20000 ) Clutch for the TBelt Pressure Retraction - the shaft must rotate once
If it does not rotate then the clutch must be replaced - 3 hours minimumThanks for your suggestion, been there done that! I also do know my machine theory...! I wonder tho if time passes more slowly in Canada as it did not take 3 hours...is that Big Country Hours??lol

Custom Search