PDA

View Full Version : Jamming DI 450

Custom Search

Jedenco
04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Hello,

I have a DI 450 that is intermittently jamming. The jam is in Separator. I have replaced the suction fan, and transport belts, machine is at 200k, reg roller is good, any advise is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

eg101
04-04-2011, 07:46 PM
The drum seperators have an adjustment screw (need an allen wrench) if the gap is too large. I usually set them so they just barely clear the drum when open.
Most jams that I see are in the fuser and I ALWAYS replace all 5 seperators at once. Check the white plastic paper guide at the fuser exit for warping too.

Jedenco
04-04-2011, 08:06 PM
The copy paper isn't jamming but stalling it seems. If and when it goes into a jam the paper is perfectly intacked and resting on the transport bed (the service manual refers to it as the separator). I thought maybe it's a registration issue because the image on the stalled paper had delayed about 1/8 of an inch. Machine will work fine, seems to do this mostly first thing in the morning according to customer. Is there a way to adjust buckle timing? Whats confusing to me is that the issue is intermittent but the registration roller is controlled by a motor and not a clutch. Do these motors fail often? I'm new to Konica_Minolta.

Hansoon
04-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Your description of the jam is untypical for the Di-450 with only 200K however, first thing coming to mind is sensor because of the image shift you mentioned.

If you didn't mention that shifted image I would have looked as a second possibility for a clogged fan filter but I'm sure you checked that already.
Third would be a worn/dirty/defective separation corona wire. Use F2 to check if the wire glows in the dark but also here the shifted image speaks against it.

Typical Di-450 jams are:
-Jam in the exit section first thing in the morning cause of sticking exit sensor flag (remove the little foam pad from the sensor)
-Jam in the exit section because of slipping spring clutch in the fuser drive section (look for the subframe with stepper motor, gears and belt at the rear of the machine and remove grease from the hubs and re-tighten clutch firmly to avoid that spring winding comes between hubs)
-Jam before/in sync rollers because of gummed up bushings on the vertical transport rollers.
-Jam in the vertical section all the time, transport rollers not turning. Real reason still unclear but obviously coming out of the logic. Leaving machine for a few minutes without power cures the problem.
-Jam in the turnover section. Replace sensor under yellow plastic cover

Hans

Jedenco
04-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Thank you for the info. I will look at machine and make sure suggestions are addressed. Have an awesome Day!

Custom Search