PDA

View Full Version : C352 Dead

Custom Search

mrfuser
04-05-2011, 01:51 AM
Okay, client had a jam. Removed, rebooted machine and won't come back, only got dreaded Hour Glass screen. Unplugged and reseated all boards, chips, cables, etc. Now it only gives a black screen of ultimate doom! Is this thing DOA or what? Anyone have the NVRAM reset tool and firmware I can download for this guy?

Thanks

Kelly

kelly@pcbmonline.com

albasoul06
04-05-2011, 03:25 AM
1 - Remove the DIMM (# 4037 6076 01) and the SODIMM (# 9J06 M701 00) sticks one at a time to determine which one has failed ( if not check next step ).
2 - Re-flash the firmware.
3 - Next ....you know NVRAM

ni311
04-05-2011, 08:43 AM
You shouldn't remove all the board in the first place, the hourglass screen is a clear sign of nvram failure, nvram recovery firmware should do the trick. Now, with the blank screen... you might skipped a connector, your best bet is to call a tech, it sounds quite serious...

jotunn
04-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Check the connector (for proper connection, bent pins and so on) on the right side of the machine (cable between PWB box and scanner).

mrwho
04-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Check your PM. Give us feedback.

Cheers!

mrfuser
04-06-2011, 12:37 AM
The lights are green on the boards in the back, but still can't get a screen to boot up. Black screen with ORANGE ring on Start Button and GREEN Main Power button lit. Nothing else. Can't get past that! How can I boot to CF Card if I can't get past that?

I have tried connectors, SODIMMS, NVRAM Board, etc., pulling and replacing to make sure nothing is loose, same result.

Anyone know what SWITCH 700 does near the NVRAM Board? VERY SMALL SWITCH!

ALSO, I have tried to create a CF Boot disk for the firmware and get an error that says COMMAND NOT FOUND (4 times), then a line that says SYNTAX error. Any idea why?

Any help?

Thanks

Kelly

AjitN
04-06-2011, 04:29 AM
HI
This is NVRAM initialization problem only, which I have faced in C353. Use NVRAM Initialization tool / Process.
Regards
Ajit

mrfuser
04-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Anyone got step by step instructions on loading the NVRAM tool onto a CF Card? I have been trying and get errors. Using a SANDISK 512mb card.

Thanks all!

Kelly

mrwho
04-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Anyone got step by step instructions on loading the NVRAM tool onto a CF Card? I have been trying and get errors. Using a SANDISK 512mb card.

Couple of questions:

- Do you usually use that Sandisk card to load firmware onto the machines?
- You're getting error while saving the software onto the card or when trying to load the card into the machine?

rprem
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
dont use 512 mb CF card use 128 mb CF card to load the firmware it will work

mrfuser
04-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Okay, used Firmware Imaging Toolkit, put NVRAM tool on a 128mb card, seemed to go okay. Put it in the copier, turned on, still blank screen with orange start key light. Tried holding down the C button also, same result. Any ideas?

Kelly

mrwho
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Okay, used Firmware Imaging Toolkit, put NVRAM tool on a 128mb card, seemed to go okay. Put it in the copier, turned on, still blank screen with orange start key light. Tried holding down the C button also, same result. Any ideas?

Kelly

Never happened to me, but it should've done something. If it doesn't then you could have a bad board on your machine.

What's the brand of the 128Mb card you got?

mrfuser
04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Using sandisk 128mb card. Using konica firmware imaging toolkit.

LEDs on boards all green. LED1 on power board is green,flashing.

Kelly

mrfuser
04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Looks like the MFP board must have just died. VERY strange to remove a jam and have a board die! Yikes! Anyone have an extra board for sale? Can I use one from a C350?

Thanks All!

Kelly

mrfuser
04-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Okay, still can't get this thing to do anything. No fans turn on, only green LEDs on the boards, and the power button turns green and the start Key has the orange ring around it. Is it power supply trouble or MFP board? Anyone ever seen this?

Thanks all!

Kelly

fishleg
04-18-2011, 07:24 PM
I had exact same symptoms with a bad firmware flash screen would stay black with only the orange light showing.

I tried everything you did and in the end what fixed it was a new mfp still got the old board actually would love to recover it but I think its goosed for good. I tried many different firmwares none would work, diff nvram, diff dims, diff pcb I even tried to flash the mfp in a different machine and the symptoms followed the board so its definitely the mfp.

I cant believe theres no safe boot to flash the board but anyway...

mrfuser
04-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Okay all. It was the MFP board. Swapped it and booted up. Why in the world an MFP board would die from clearing a jam I will never know!
Now I got a C-5355 fan error, off to find a bad connection somewhere!

Thanks all!

Kelly

mrwho
04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I've seen a case where a 7075 had a ICP fuse blown after the operator removed a jam. What happened was that the door sensor broke when she closed the door and the live wires made contact with the chassis.

Either that or the jam was caused by the board dying and not the other way around.

Custom Search