PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C450 Printing Problem -Spooling very slow- 1 print out at a time

Custom Search

SoCal Office Systems
04-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Hello-

I am having an odd issue with the Konica Minolta C450, I have a customer that has a signficantly large brochure about 9mb. The problem they are getting is they hit print and when they do so the print jobs come out 1 at a time or 2 at a time. Until the entire job is done. It is very slow and beyond my thoughts as to what could be wrong with the machine. I have a feeling its not entirely the machine but the way its spooling the job. Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

RRodgers
04-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Hello-

I am having an odd issue with the Konica Minolta C450, I have a customer that has a signficantly large brochure about 9mb. The problem they are getting is they hit print and when they do so the print jobs come out 1 at a time or 2 at a time. Until the entire job is done. It is very slow and beyond my thoughts as to what could be wrong with the machine. I have a feeling its not entirely the machine but the way its spooling the job. Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Be sure colate is not checked.

Morlock49
04-06-2011, 02:49 AM
I need to ask a couple of questions
1. what software is he using to produce the brochures? ie adobe, quark, publisher?
2. is he using the latest printer driver, and which type, pcl or ps?
3, is he trying to do mail merge on the brochures?

AjitN
04-06-2011, 04:25 AM
HI
I think every old model ( older than C220 F ) prints very slow with Adobe applications as Postscript is not from Adobe but developed by KM.
Regards Ajit

jcontractor
04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
I saw a problem like this, the problem, my customer computer too slow.
Equipment, Lexmark C750 color printer.
I connect my laptop, I print the document from my PC, problem was solved, printer do the job in no time.
Documents was in PDF format but about 600 pages in one single document.

I hope this help somehow.

knightfall
04-09-2011, 02:29 AM
May also want to see how much free hard drive space, since it writes to hard drive before printing, but also try what jcontractor did hook up you laptop and print to it see if it is any faster this may at least point you in the right direction.

good luck

jcontractor
04-09-2011, 04:45 AM
May also want to see how much free hard drive space, since it writes to hard drive before printing, but also try what jcontractor did hook up you laptop and print to it see if it is any faster this may at least point you in the right direction.

good luck

90 % of our customers create the failures due lack of knowledge or super knowledge.
Super humans operating super machine, Formula (Super Humans) + (Super Machines) = (Super Problems), and the solution, (Technician)/(Wasted Time)*(Super problems)= Normal Equipments operations for a minus amount of money.

Custom Search