PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE WAIT.....

Custom Search

sharpmind
04-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I have MPC 2500 which shows PLEASE WAIT....The machine does not show any mechanical action.It's just boot up and indicates please wait. I already change the controller board, memory and hard disk yet the machine does not respond at all..

Booting on SD card does not work also so I am not able to upgrade the firmware.

Guys, any suggestions are much appreciated...thanks!

Note:The machine was only showing add toner but after cleaning the toner mechanism it showed SC 672. I checked the controller board to the other client's machine and I found out that the controller was defective.But after replacing the controller board, the machine is still not responding and only PLEASE WAIT is being displayed in the operation panel.

teebee1234
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
From the Knowledge Base (multiple answers)....

[Symptom]
When the power is turned on, the device hangs at Please wait.
The SC is not displayed even if you wait.
[Cause]
The BICU EEPROM (14076362) is faulty.
[Resolution]
Replace EEPROM (14076362).
----------------------------------------------
[Symptom]
SC672, SC998 or "Please wait" occurs on the device.
[Cause]
Operation panel harness is defective.

[Action]
Inspect the harness.
Part number: B2385373 (Harness Operation Panel)
-------------------------------------------------------

[Symptom]
SC672 (controller does not boot up) occurs.

SC672 is displayed (log indicates SC911). SC670 is both displayed and indicated in the log.
Please wait is displayed for 5 minutes until the SC is displayed.
It doesn't take much time for SC672 to be displayed.
After turning the power on, the device makes a clickety-clacking sound in 2.3 seconds while it is resetting.
After that, it hangs on Please wait.

[Cause]
The IPU is faulty.
(Switching the controller with one from another machine and replacing the BCU does not have any effect.)
[Resolution]
Fix by replacing the IPU.

hypertech
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
if the machine has a fax option try disconnecting it and see if that helps, i did have the board that connect fax/main board(4 screws) together cause an issue of please wait

Muzammil
04-12-2011, 03:09 PM
dear did you replace HDD.if hdd is defective machine will be in hanging position and it will show you on the display please wait and some time it will not give you any code.

sharpmind
04-12-2011, 03:57 PM
i have already changed the HDD and nothing happens.As I checked the BICU board, one pin of EEPROM was broken.I tried to resoldered the pin but the machine did not show any mechanical action..

I will update you regarding this problem once I replace the EEPROM.

Thanks guys!

Custom Search