PDA

View Full Version : Jamming How to replace the fuser unit of KONICA MINOLTA BizHub C351?

Custom Search

maynard
04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi! Anyone who can teach me how to replace the fuser unit for KONICA MINOLTA BizHub C351. Thank you guys.

mrwho
04-11-2011, 05:45 PM
To be quite honest, I just know the C350 and the C352 - not the C351. Are you sure that is the model?

CT Copier Repair
04-11-2011, 06:03 PM
pay a technician
or google it
figure it out like most of us do
buy a manual from Paul and read
all of these are valid options

907tec
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Honestly though...if you can't figure out how to replace this fuser on your own, you have no business holding a screwdriver.

04-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Honestly though...if you can't figure out how to replace this fuser on your own, you have no business holding a screwdriver.

Well put.

CT Copier Repair
04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Tired of. I need. How do you. Figure it out
I do. Get the manual and read. If it was that easy most of us wouldn't
have jobs. Pay your dues or pay for the knowledge
I are a technician. What's wrong with the copier ?
" Broken". What are you going to do ?
" Fix it ? "

nmfaxman
04-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Have to add.........................RTFB.

Now nuff said.

Paul, your turn.

maynard
04-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Hi! Anyone who can teach me how to replace the fuser unit for KONICA MINOLTA BizHub C351. Thank you guys.

sorry guys if my question is like a first grader. i can't find any service manual for this machine that's why i asked. if you have, would you please share it to me? if its not free, how much is it? thanks once again.

mortimaster
04-12-2011, 04:37 AM
This may help. It isn't very hard.

dogsbody
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM

If you are going to post at least make sure it is for the right machine, that is C203/253/353. C351 is a slower C450 nothing like what you have described.

As the others have said it is not hard to change the fuser, a couple of screws and three plugs if you can't figure it out buy a manual or call a tech

maynard
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM

ah okay. thank you. it gives me an idea where that cable go through :)

maynard
05-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I replaced the fusing assembly successfully but still I got paper jam error. The paper only stays on the fusing assembly, can't go thru to the next part. I'm thinking I need also to replace the next part after fusing assembly. Any idea, gentlemen? I need your help. Thanks guys :)

mrwho
05-17-2011, 08:21 PM
The first thing is to make sure the fuser connectors are well inserted and the fuser is well positioned and receiving movement from the machine.

maynard
05-17-2011, 08:49 PM
The first thing is to make sure the fuser connectors are well inserted and the fuser is well positioned and receiving movement from the machine.

The fuser is well inserted and connected. The paper is coming out from the fuser and just stay there coz it can't go to the next part which is next to fusing assembly, that's why there's a paper jam.

JustManuals
05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

maynard
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=manuals4you;220009][B][COLOR=navy]This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

I just got the Service Manual and checking the Paper Exit Drive Section and Paper Transport Section. Are you familiar with this problem? Thanks Paul :)

JustManuals
05-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Not me. I'm not a copier tech.

brent
05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
not to be too rude. but you probably didn't save any money on this . since you bought a fusing unit and tried to do it yourself. now you pretty much need to call a technician..a question for you. do you have a finisher on your machine? I had the actuator break on of my horizontal transport assemblies. that will jam the machine. the actuator is formed onto a guide. when that unit breaks the paper just stops after the fuser

maynard
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
not to be too rude. but you probably didn't save any money on this . since you bought a fusing unit and tried to do it yourself. now you pretty much need to call a technician..a question for you. do you have a finisher on your machine? I had the actuator break on of my horizontal transport assemblies. that will jam the machine. the actuator is formed onto a guide. when that unit breaks the paper just stops after the fuser

I don't have finisher. I attached a picture so you can see it clearly. Thanks Brent :)

brent
05-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I have several of these out. but only have a c350 here with me in the office. have you tried to see if there is anything stuck in the paper path? does the paper just stop. or it is accordianed in that black piece above the fuser?

maynard
05-18-2011, 03:28 AM
I have several of these out. but only have a c350 here with me in the office. have you tried to see if there is anything stuck in the paper path? does the paper just stop. or it is accordianed in that black piece above the fuser?

There's nothing or any blockage in the paper path. The paper always stop after the half of it appeared.

brent
05-18-2011, 05:32 AM
sounds like a sensor. if it stops in the exact same place every time. I don't have a machine in front of me. but there must be a sensor in the exit section. I will look over my book tomorrow if I get a chance. mabee I will fly down and fix it for you..

later
brent

maynard
05-18-2011, 03:14 PM
sounds like a sensor. if it stops in the exact same place every time. I don't have a machine in front of me. but there must be a sensor in the exit section. I will look over my book tomorrow if I get a chance. mabee I will fly down and fix it for you..

later
brent

thank you brent. i don't have money to pay you that's why i'm tryin' to fix it by myself :)

mrwho
05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Stupid question: Are you specifying the correct paper size in the tray, or is it being detected correctly?

907tec
05-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Tear-drop gear assembly. It's located directly above the right side of the fuser, white in color, and should have a spring attached to a small post protruding from it. This post snaps off all the time, causing the gears to lose mesh. No spring on the teardrop assembly=no drive.

maynard
05-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Stupid question: Are you specifying the correct paper size in the tray, or is it being detected correctly?

That's okay :) All are detected correctly. 907tec mentioned that its the tear-drop gear assembly. I'll take a look at it if that part is damaged.

maynard
05-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Tear-drop gear assembly. It's located directly above the right side of the fuser, white in color, and should have a spring attached to a small post protruding from it. This post snaps off all the time, causing the gears to lose mesh. No spring on the teardrop assembly=no drive.

I will double check it. I hope that's the one so I can move on :)

brent
05-18-2011, 08:45 PM
also with that assembly. the top cover needs to come down all the way first so that assembly can open and shut. I had a machine jam all the time becuase a customer lifted on that grey cover and it would not push that white lever down. the door would shut. but there was not drive. just like what you are experiencing
check the screws that hold that grey cover in place

brent

brent
05-18-2011, 08:46 PM
i was justkidding about flying me down to fix it. there is a technician locally there just waiting for your call

maynard
05-18-2011, 10:14 PM
i was justkidding about flying me down to fix it. there is a technician locally there just waiting for your call

Yeah I know :) If I can't make this work, that's what will I do, call a certified KONICA MINOLTA technician. But I want to do it by myself 'coz I am out of budget :(

brent
05-19-2011, 04:22 AM
alright. who gave maynard a rep power point. for asking a question? how does that work!!

interinfinity
07-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Well put.

i just think its shameful that when someone wants advice, the people in the best position to help someone new to technology do nothing but insult and tell people to google it. guess what, when you google "how to change a fuser unit" this is the first link that pops up.

for the person who said "if you cant figure out on your own how to change your fuser unit, you have no business holding screw driver". ill bet my bottom dollar that there was a time when you had to replace your first fuser unit, and you had to learn it from someone else (even if that person was the person that wrote the manual" i dont think you were born with all the knowlege necessary to work on printers, you learned it over time. it is a very selfish thing you are doing by not helping out a fellow tech, along with insulthing them. everyone has a learning curve, and everyone does something for the first time. and dont keep telling people to just google it. thats how we get to rediculous forums like this one, that have only questions and insults, ABSOLUTLY NO ANSWERS.

THANKS to the HUMAN BEING that posted the word doc, at least he tried to help

minimerlin
07-25-2011, 07:44 PM
i just think its shameful that when someone wants advice, the people in the best position to help someone new to technology do nothing but insult and tell people to google it. guess what, when you google "how to change a fuser unit" this is the first link that pops up.

for the person who said "if you cant figure out on your own how to change your fuser unit, you have no business holding screw driver". ill bet my bottom dollar that there was a time when you had to replace your first fuser unit, and you had to learn it from someone else (even if that person was the person that wrote the manual" i dont think you were born with all the knowlege necessary to work on printers, you learned it over time. it is a very selfish thing you are doing by not helping out a fellow tech, along with insulthing them. everyone has a learning curve, and everyone does something for the first time. and dont keep telling people to just google it. thats how we get to rediculous forums like this one, that have only questions and insults, ABSOLUTLY NO ANSWERS.

THANKS to the HUMAN BEING that posted the word doc, at least he tried to helpI didn't reply to the original request as I am of the opinion that the other posts said what I would have said! BUT! This forum is supposed to be for Copier Techs! Also very often the person that asks for help never bothers to close the loop and inform us if the problem was solved, it is a bit of a pain to offer assistance and not get the feedback.

I resent the part of your post that states " thats how we get to rediculous forums like this one"...if you don't like this forum why comment! As far as I remember most of the time this forum is out to help the fellow techs!!

Rant over.......back to the asylum!:(

907tec
07-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Well said, Mini. I started typing out a rebuttal three or four times before giving up. This is a community for technicians to share information, not a resource for end users to save a few bucks by NOT HIRING techs. I love having a forum like this one, with so many knowledgeable members. I do my best to contribute any helpful knowledge that I have gained, while occasionally asking for help on perplexing issues. The point is, it is a give-and-take. Sometimes you post a fix that you found, sometimes you post about looking for a fix. End-users and non-technicians who frequent this site are unable to contribute to the knowledge-base, and are therefore only able to leech information from others. The OP, and our new valiant friend here, made their first posts to Copytechnet in this very thread. One asking for help about an issue that any technician would perform blindfolded, the other chastising REAL technicians for callous treatment of a non-tech. First posts.

Guys, get some thicker skin. If you come to a forum of grizzly, hardened, technicians and ask something so rudimentary...you are going to 'out' yourself as a non-tech. CopyTechNet is a collection of professional technicians. Posting to this forum as a non-technician is somewhat disingenuous: you are not here to contribute, you are here to glean. This is why many members frown upon posts by endusers: all that it serves to do is take jobs away from real technicians without adding to the collective knowledge of the community.

...and, in response to the question posed to me: Yes, there was certainly a time when I didn't know how to change a c351 fuser. It was a time before I became a technician. Even in my apprentice days, I would not have been given the answer by my trainers: rather, I would have been forced to figure it out on my own. Learning-by-doing taught me almost everything I know in this field...that...and this forum.

brent
07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
now this thread is back to life. I would like to first off say. that I have been a technician for 16 years. and still need a little help now and then. this site is great. and I really appreciate all those who give helpfull advice. probably tech support at konica minolta has had a decrease in calls since this site has been around. it is easier to ask a question here and get a faster response. also the technicians that frequent this site and answer all our questions. I would like to personally thank you. I have learned alot about certain malfuctions. fixed here by you techs that work out in the field. day in and day out.The techs that answer these questions here are NOT paid. they answer the questions out of the sincerity of their heats. I personally don't mind offering advice on machines that are not in my area. I also have end users that order generic parts and try to fix it themselfs. it does not always work out for them indeed. and I couldnt be happier so thanks again to all you techs that share your information with us (other techs) it would be nice in the future to have a different format. such as if you ask a question. and you happen to get the machine fixed. we would certainly be appreciative to know that we did indeed help.
but anyways off my box. and back to work............................

mrwho
07-25-2011, 09:27 PM
ill bet my bottom dollar that there was a time when you had to replace your first fuser unit, and you had to learn it from someone else (even if that person was the person that wrote the manual"

Yep, that's right. That's why they make Service Manuals and that's also why we receive training! Or do you honestly think we can get by only by checking out internet forums?

Don't get me wrong, this forum is a great tool, but I'd wager that any tech who tries to fix machines only with the information found here wouldn't go very far.

interinfinity
07-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Well said, Mini. I started typing out a rebuttal three or four times before giving up. This is a community for technicians to share information, not a resource for end users to save a few bucks by NOT HIRING techs. I love having a forum like this one, with so many knowledgeable members. I do my best to contribute any helpful knowledge that I have gained, while occasionally asking for help on perplexing issues. The point is, it is a give-and-take. Sometimes you post a fix that you found, sometimes you post about looking for a fix. End-users and non-technicians who frequent this site are unable to contribute to the knowledge-base, and are therefore only able to leech information from others. The OP, and our new valiant friend here, made their first posts to Copytechnet in this very thread. One asking for help about an issue that any technician would perform blindfolded, the other chastising REAL technicians for callous treatment of a non-tech. First posts.

Guys, get some thicker skin. If you come to a forum of grizzly, hardened, technicians and ask something so rudimentary...you are going to 'out' yourself as a non-tech. CopyTechNet is a collection of professional technicians. Posting to this forum as a non-technician is somewhat disingenuous: you are not here to contribute, you are here to glean. This is why many members frown upon posts by endusers: all that it serves to do is take jobs away from real technicians without adding to the collective knowledge of the community.

...and, in response to the question posed to me: Yes, there was certainly a time when I didn't know how to change a c351 fuser. It was a time before I became a technician. Even in my apprentice days, I would not have been given the answer by my trainers: rather, I would have been forced to figure it out on my own. Learning-by-doing taught me almost everything I know in this field...that...and this forum.

i apologize for my previous comment that seemed to offend you guys, i understand that copier techs are very specialized and that this is a message board for copier techs. i am just a lowly "IT Guy", i have no specialization in printers or copiers, my specialization is in network administration and software development. i work for a half assed corporation that buys used printers from all over the place, that are every make and model pretty much. all of it was here before i started working here. of the million tasks i am assigned, i thought googling an error message would point me in the right direction.

as for being cheap and not wanting to pay... alot of us General IT tech's first of all have no power to even call out the konica techs because managers have to approve 3rd parties coming out if its not going to be free (at least at my company). so we are castrated essentially, our users blame IT for not fixing the printer cuz its IT's job. Management is pissed because they say, "why do we have IT guys if they cant even fix a printer and we have to pay copier".

i do agree that there are many people who leach off forums and do not add to the collective knowlege of the community. but like i said, i am not a copier tech, but i am not going to let that stop me from trying to learn as much as i can about something that my job depends on. and if you are ever running around in Software Dev forum and ask a stupid question, usually we (programmers) freely give out the information and dont care if we are helping someone out and getting nothing in return. i thought all IT communities were like that but apparently not this one.

maynard
07-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Sorry guys if I caused misunderstanding. A certified konica minolta technician will come to see the machine. I'll let you know guys later how it was fixed. Again, I apologize.

Ianizer
07-26-2011, 04:04 AM
ROFLMAO!
You guys are ****ing BRUTAL!

ROFLMAO!
<*GASP!*>

Maynard, dude, wait...

ROFLMAO!

Okay. I'm fine now. Really.

You are nothing if not persistant, and a good sport, too.
I've posted but a few posting, but I'm getting the cadence of the site.
This is expected.

Really, my friend, you need a #2 driver and some patience, coupled with a modecum of mechanical aptitude. A plane jane box with no finisher makes it super easy.
I've no problem with a DIYer if you're willing to pay Da Man if necessary.
Maybe you got dis.

A Little Background
Please reinstall the old fuser and tell me what's the problem.
And where'd you get the "new" fuser?

-I

Custom Search