PDA

View Full Version : dl850 or 7085 2nd side background

Custom Search

pudgi300
04-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi,
I have a DL850 that only gets background on the second side. I saw the post for the drum bearing but my 1st side is clean. Can someone give me a tip to get in the right direction.

Thanks Pudgi300

32years
04-13-2011, 09:25 PM
More prevelant when paper tray set for "Thick" which changes transfer/separation current. Toner which shouldn't be present in blank areas of drum is attracted to side 2 because of changes in paper characteristics from going through fuser. You need to get rid of toner in non developed areas of drum. Some common causes are the drum, developer life, developer housing, failure to thoroughly clean cleaner housing when changing developer, not running drum peculiarity, bla, bla, bla. Hope this helps.

pudgi300
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Went back in on the machine and checked all the adjustments. Erase in nonimage areas was fine. I pulled the developer unit and did a complete cleanout. I had a high K ohms value from contacts to the mag roller. Removed the mag roller rear bearing and packed it with conductive grease. I then had a reading of about 5 ohms. I put same developer back in
and ran adjustments again. It was overtoned so ran black test pattern with white box in middle. It is looking good right now. I must also say that i was getting background on both sides before but 2nd side looked worse because of tracing paper effect. Will report back either way if my fix is working.

Later Pudgi300

Custom Search