PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 on Mac OS X

Custom Search

goldencup
04-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Hi i would like to know if do you have any guide or link on how to install bizhub 350 using Mac OS X because i have never tried to install it on that kind of operating system :confused:. I'm not sure if the installation of the driver is the same as of Windows. Also i'm not sure if the driver is applicable to different versions of Mac (Cheetah - Snow Leopard) :D? Hope you can give me some info.. Thank You Very Much.

aleksander
04-12-2011, 06:35 AM
of course those are different OS. Windows and Mac OS X use different printer driver. You can download the driver from kmbs.konicaminolta.us. If you need the installation procedure, I need your email to send the file.

Hansoon
04-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Mike, one of our colleagues at another forum, made this superb instruction how to set up printing and scanning for MAC:

Hans

aleksander
04-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Hans posted the correct instruction.

goldencup
04-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi sir aleksander and sir hansoon, i just want to say thank you for all your help. I will try the set up as soon as i prepare the computer that i will be using. Thank you again.

victorgator
10-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Mike, one of our colleagues at another forum, made this superb instruction how to set up printing and scanning for MAC:

Hans

Thanks so much for sharing this, Hansoon. However, I'm a bit slow... I've followed all the steps to scan in the guide, but I'm confused what I need to do with the "one touch" set up. What settings to I need to change on the actual unit in order to make the BizHub 350 scan to my shared "Scans" folder? Could someone be so kind as to walk me through with this process? I'm about to tear my hair out trying different combinations!

Thanks,

Victor

victorgator
10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm on a Mac 10.7 Lion OS. After following the instructions posted here earleir by Hansoon, I was still unable to modify the One Touch settings to allow me to scan into my shared "Scans" folder. After a considerable amount of cussing and stomping, I came to the conclusion that the 10.7 Mac's SMB and KM's SMB don't get along very well.I was finally able to receive the scans once I set up scan by FTP instead. On 10.7, you'll need to open a terminal window and enter a bit of code to re-enable FTP sharing because Apple disabled it for some dumb reason on Lion. However, once you do this, and then use the IP of your computer as the FTP server in your KM settings, you should be able to scan into your Shared folder. Instructions are availbe elsewhere on the net on how to scan via FTP to Mac if you get lost.

matthewslater
01-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Can anyone help? I've been tearing my hair out for months now. We have a Bizhub C350. I've just installed the Fiery IC 401 and tried to set it up as best as I can (no instructions and couldn't find anything on the net either). Managed to get the Bizhub to use the new controller (finally figured out how to get into service mode to change the controller). After all that I have 2 Macs, one running 10.7 and one 10.6. Neither see the printer and I've installed all sorted of drivers (including EFI Express) but still I can't get IP printing or otherwise. I can see the printer via the web browser at the IP address I set, although the Web Options don't work.

Has anyone managed to get the same/similar setup working for them and if so please let me know what I'm missing before I go insane!

Thanks in advance.

KenB
01-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Print a config page from your Fiery, and verify that it has a PostScript, or "PS" section.

Ad I recall, the Fieries on these models had PostScript as an option, and it' required for Mac printing.

matthewslater
01-15-2012, 03:27 AM
Checked and it does have a PS section. Can't see anything obvious in there though.

Custom Search