PDA

View Full Version : c6501 - Duplex Jams - Any kind of paper.

Custom Search

Joyous
04-15-2011, 07:05 AM
So, I'm running 3 6501s - One of my machines has decided to stop finishing things through the duplex for every stock (Primarily 128gsm Titan Gloss, 200 gsm Pearl board, and 100gsm Onyx uncoated).

It gives a J-9401 error (which in my memory is the generic "Paper is stuck" code) after finishing one side of the sheet in the fuser - It lodges the paper, crumpled up between M8-M9 at the bottom of the duplex.

No idea why. Face up, face down, faster, slower, different papers, nothing affects it, it always jams in the same way. Rollers are all clean as a whistle, I keep the machines pretty pristine. Just had a PM - Was working fine up until about an hour ago.

Monthly run volume on that one is about 150k colour, 11 months old.

Not that it matters but over the weekend, curious if people had any tips on it. Never had an error that was simply unfixable by tweaking something somewhere before.

ineo+6501
04-15-2011, 08:49 AM
On the 6501 course it was mentioned by the trainer that a known issue with duplexing can arise in the area you have mentioned.
The symptoms are a curled over corner on the sheet or full jams in that section. I am yet to see it cause jams but I have seen the curled edges.

It is cured by a simple bend of the guide plate which enters the duplex unit, just below the fuser exit. If I get time I'll dig out the parts manual and point to the guide.

Custom Search