PDA

View Full Version : 1050 Pro spilling toner on transfer

Custom Search

apump
04-15-2011, 11:25 AM
I have 2 1050's that like to spill toner on the transfer ass'y, I have replaced the dev. ass'y and cleaning ass'y. I vacuum out the drum area and after a little while it starts to pile back up. anyone seen this?

masterteknicion
04-16-2011, 03:49 AM
What about replacing the rear drum bearing. Also does it have a recycle kit on it. If it does I have found that the hose that runs inside the machine clogs up and the toner has no place to go except down on the deck.

apump
04-17-2011, 04:35 AM
No recycle unit. heard they were to much trouble. Drum bearing? that would be unusaul. have you seen this cause a problem.. of course they do have 34 mil on both.

JustManuals
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

empiru
04-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi!

I have the same problem with a Pro 1050 (it has around 15 Mil. copies). I have to ask: what kind of toner do you use? We were using original toner, the machine worked just fine and then, one day my boss decided to use Di750 Developer & toner. From that day on, the machine keeps spilling toner on the transfer assy. Recently we bought a new Developing Unit - if the spilling stops, I will post again.

apump
04-19-2011, 01:31 AM
This is an Ikon branded 1050. so they use ikon 1050 toner. next move is possible drum
carriage.

bigdcopy
04-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Go to the SSD section of mykonicaminolta.com and look for lite copies (I know this is not the issue) there are procedures for darkning the image do the opposite it works! I have 2 1050's (1 20 Mil the other 10 Mil) that were dropping toner and this fixed it.

apump
04-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Bigdcopy, thanks for the website, but we (ikon/ricoh) can't logon to that website we don't have a username and password. If you can email me the procedure or post it here I will sure try it. thanks again..

bigdcopy
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
1050 Toner Spill Countermeasures

Preliminary steps:

Print out the management lists, adjustments list and black ratio list.
Note the average black ratio (i.e., toner coverage), found on the top line of the black ratio list.

Physical inspection: Pull out the ADU and conduct a physical inspection to determine the cause of the spill.

Toner on the conveyance area indicates toner spilling from the cleaning unit.

To resolve spilling from the cleaning unit, check the cleaning unit mylar ("toner sealing plate assembly" p/n 56UA-5680, replacement at 3.0M) for deformation. If toner is built up on the outside of this mylar (between the cleaning unit and drum) clean the mylar. If this does not resolve the issue, replace it. Check the fur brush seals ("sealing plate F assy" p/n 56UA-5590, and "sealing plate R assy" p/n 56UA-5580, replacement every 1.5M) on the ends of the cleaning unit for wear. Replace as needed. This should resolve any toner spilling from the cleaning unit. Inspect the cleaning roller bias contact and clean or replace as needed. Inspect toner recycle gear and cleaner gear for proper mesh. Insufficient mesh will cause gear slippage, while excess pressure can move the cleaning unit away from the drum, causing toner to spill.

Toner on the transfer/separation corona indicates spilling from the developer unit.

Remove the developer unit and examine the ducts. If the lower ductwork (located on the drum carriage, under the developer unit) is clogged, this probably indicates that the machine is making low coverage copies, and needs to be adjusted for such. This ductwork is designed to remove misting, (airborne toner from the mag roller), but in reality excess toner is building up under the mag roller, and getting sucked out of the developer unit by the ductwork. This will clog the filter, thereby reducing the airflow and clogging the ducts. Eventually, the system will clog enough that the ducts can no longer remove the airborne toner, resulting in toner spilling. This is probably what is happening if your machine is running low coverage originals, in the 2-5% coverage range. To correct toner spilling in this situation, adjust the black stripe width to .5 mm (DIP SW 6-3 to "1", DIP SW 6-4 to "0"). This will help to remove the excess toner from the developer unit. If necessary, the black stripe can be increased to .75mm with no ill effects.

If the upper ductwork (located on the top of the developer unit) is clogged, this indicates that the machine is probably making higher coverage copies of 7-20%, and needs to be adjusted for such. When making these kinds of copies, the machine is adding toner at a high rate. This results in greater than normal misting INSIDE of the developer unit. The upper ductwork has strong enough suction to draw this mist over the top of the mag roller and into the ductwork. As a result, the filter will begin to clog, reducing the airflow.
Eventually, the ducts will clog enough that they can no longer remove the airborne toner, resulting primarily in background on the copies and possible toner spills. Background may be more noticeable on heavy stocks due to the increased transfer currents present. It is possible that this background may only occur on heavy stocks. You can verify this by making a number of 11x17 sky shots, then running your copies again. If the background disappears, or is reduced, this confirms that this is the problem. To resolve this issue, perform the following countermeasures:
1) Reduce black stripe width to .25 mm (DIPSW 6-3 and 6-4 to "0").
2) Install developer duct modification, p/n 56UA30830 (bulletin 5024).
3) Reduce toner concentration by 5% (DIP 23-2 to "1", 23-3 to "0", 23-4 to "0").
If the black ratio is between 5% and 7%, all values should be set for factory defaults: the black stripe, toner concentration, etc.
If the black ratio is below 2%, set everything to the values that are used for 2-5%. If values are below 1%, the toner cut off kit (RC-501) may be needed as well. This can only be obtained through Konica Minolta’s engineering department.

Corrective Actions

Verify that: charge corona wires, charge grid, transfer/separation wires, corona wire stabilizers, the drum and developer are all in good condition, and that the drum and developer counts are correct. The parts counters for any parts replaced must be reset. The PM counter must be reset for the machine to recognize any new parts that have been installed.
Make absolutely sure that that the following DIP SW’s are set as follows:
2 - Bits 1, 2, 3 Cleaning Cycle =Default settings
2 – Bits 4, 5 = Default settings
3 – Bit 3 = 0 – on
3 – Bit 4 = 0 – on
5 – Bits 2, 3 = Default setting, depending on Toner Ratio (see above)
6 – Bit 0, 1 = Default for Photo setting
6 – Bit 5, 6 = Default settings
7 – Bits 2, 3 = Default settings
8 – Bits 0, 1 = Default settings
23 – Bits 2, 3, 4 = Default settings depending on Toner ratio (see above, or the POD adjustments in version 2 of the service manual)
27- Bits 2, 3 = Default settings depending on Toner Ratio (see the POD Adjustments in version 2 of the service manual)
After thoroughly cleaning the coronas, cleaning unit, toner recycling tubes, developer ductwork, etc., perform the High Voltage Auto Adjustments. Set DIP SW 6-7 to a "1" (off). This allows the HV values to be changed or adjusted by running the High Voltage
Auto Adjustments. When the adjustment is competed, change DIP SW 6-7 back to a 0 to lock the new values into place.
Perform the "Drum Peculiarity Adjustments" (i.e., image stabilization) in the order listed in the manual. The final adjustment, "Cartridge Set", should be run three times; the first two without running the 10 blank pages, and the third time running the ten blanks. This will allow the developer to tone up or de-tone according to the switch settings. The cartridge set mode is also responsible for "locking in" the drum peculiarity adjustments, so cartridge set must be done after all other drum peculiarity adjustments.
Note:
Please be aware that the 1050 developer (starter) has been changed. When replacing developer, look closely at the box for new markings that indicate a DIP SW change. If you have the new type of developer, change DIP SW 7-0 to a "1".

Custom Search