PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C35 Faxing issues

Custom Search

davefm
04-19-2011, 11:27 AM
We have recently installed a Konica C35 (configured for use in the UK as a fax) and attempted to send a fax from it, the device just sits there and doesn’t appear to do anything, nor does it do anything when we attempt to fax to it.

We have plugged a telephone into the ext. socket and can make outbound and incoming calls to the phone without issue - the fax aspect simply appears not to want to dial out or pick up when being dialled. We were informed by the supplier that this is a local line issue caused by the cable not being the supplied one or a possible fault with the local phone system. But I don’t see how the old generic Samsung fax (that was replaced by the C35) would work without issue, and now the Konica cant fax, but the phone plugged into it can make and receive calls using the same phone line that was plugged into the Konica.

We have checked and confirmed RX and TX settings as well as the machine being configured for the UK.

My question is this: Does anyone have experience with this type of device/issue? Konica doesn’t seem to be able to provide much help and the vendor has left us as is...so anyone who knows anything...your input is greatly appreciated.

huntergazz
04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I have had an issue similar to this with a C220, try adjust the wren value and the line type.

Zeldaman
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi there!
Very important for this POS is to check the engine-&controller firmware. Others are today not availible.Best is reading the firmware-installation-guide on the technicalsupportpage at K-M.
Also helpful is trying to switch of the dial-tonedetection.
Greetings...

davefm
04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the pointer, HunterGrazz, we are checking the "wren and line" options/settings now.

davefm
04-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Zeldaman, I will look into this one now....

Hi there!
Very important for this POS is to check the engine-&controller firmware. Others are today not availible.Best is reading the firmware-installation-guide on the technicalsupportpage at K-M.
Also helpful is trying to switch of the dial-tonedetection.
Greetings...

minimerlin
04-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Are you using the old samsung fax cable? Or was the cable supplied with the C35? I suspect that your problem is the cable. Get the supplier of the machine to supply the correct cable.

Mr Spock
04-19-2011, 11:35 PM
There is an upgrade to the firmware for fax and ui lockup issues.
Also check the line is correctly wired (in the USA they call it tip and ring) if these are backwards this can happen. Usually you can receive but not send.
Also if it is a dsl, cable, or voip type phone line then that is not supported.
Also as stated use a 2 wire not a 4 wire cable.

davefm
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Minimerlin, I can confirm using any cable including the one provided with the C35 the issue remains. All cables have same wireing.

Are you using the old samsung fax cable? Or was the cable supplied with the C35? I suspect that your problem is the cable. Get the supplier of the machine to supply the correct cable.

davefm
04-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Mr Spock,

The line we are using works fine with the samsung device (any cable we try also works with the Samsung, but not with the C35), the line is a voip phone line but as the relevent adapter to allow the fax to work inplace, hence the old samsung fax device working. We believe its down to the Wren settings for the device and are getting a Konica guy to check - as and when I have an update I will post.

There is an upgrade to the firmware for fax and ui lockup issues.
Also check the line is correctly wired (in the USA they call it tip and ring) if these are backwards this can happen. Usually you can receive but not send.
Also if it is a dsl, cable, or voip type phone line then that is not supported.
Also as stated use a 2 wire not a 4 wire cable.

Mr Spock
04-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Voip is not officially supported. Some fax machines do not care but most newer copiers are actually computers trying to dumb down to fax. There are settings to try but nothing will be supported. Turn of ecm change speed to 14.4 and try the volume settings on the line to see if these help.

Custom Search