PDA

View Full Version : fiery not detected

Custom Search

scooter
08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
The c350 has a fiery. when the machine is on the controller icon is gone. the ip address is 192.168.001.200 and when i ping the address ..nothing?
any ideas how to reset the fiery or any ideas would be super.
thanks

JustManuals
08-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Not that I really know anything about Fiery's, but I do know about IP addressing and it looks like the IP address is incorrect. Try changing the .001 to .1 and see what happens.

HtH
Paul@justmanuals.com

cboucher
08-02-2007, 12:08 AM
The c350 has a fiery. when the machine is on the controller icon is gone. the ip address is 192.168.001.200 and when i ping the address ..nothing?
thanks

Try cycling the power on both the Fiery and the C350. Turn the Fiery power switch on first, then the C350 power switch.

wagon
08-02-2007, 12:30 AM
If all else fails, blow the fiery firmware away and reinstall it. Sounds painfull (is the first couple you do) but is easy enough. Just be thorough and don't miss anything. Do you have a setup printout from when the fiery was installed? That will make things easier.

bgbas
08-02-2007, 01:21 AM
If you have tried all the other suggestions without success,the hard drive on the Fiery probably needs to be replaced.
Good luck.

Scott_Lewis
08-02-2007, 01:32 AM
thanks

Do you have both cables connecting the fiery to the machine and the peripheral setting set properly? Not sure of the values..... controller 1 or 2, mode is either 1 or none. Is the power led on below the cable connectors?

Are there no controller related, internal or external, codes in the history?

scooter
08-07-2007, 06:02 PM
If all else fails, blow the fiery firmware away and reinstall it. Sounds painfull (is the first couple you do) but is easy enough. Just be thorough and don't miss anything. Do you have a setup printout from when the fiery was installed? That will make things easier.

I have never reinstalled the firmware do you have any documents or where i could get them?
thanks for your help

knightfall
08-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Hi Scooter have you tried this -
In the TECH REP mode, select System Input, and then Peripheral setting. For an external Fiery* IC401 controller Set the Controller number to 2, Mode 1. For the STANDARD built in controller the Peripheral setting would be Controller 3.

Tonerbomb
08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Hi Scooter have you tried this -
In the TECH REP mode, select System Input, and then Peripheral setting. For an external Fiery* IC401 controller Set the Controller number to 2, Mode 1. For the STANDARD built in controller the Peripheral setting would be Controller 3.
Not that I do KM fiery's but I do Ricoh fiery's and the interface connections and machine program settings can cause similar problem's. I would check all of these before reloading the fiery system software.

Custom Search