PDA

View Full Version : x654de - no analog fax option

Custom Search

scoobysteve
04-20-2011, 05:41 AM
I havent had a good run with these lexmarks so far - about 80% fault rate so far. Anyhow, not sure if this is a machine issue or a client induced one.

I have gone via the web interface for the machine and i have clicked on "Fax Settings" in the "Settings" as well as the "Links & Index" links in the left column, however i do not have an option to select which fax mode the machine is to use, ie no option to choose "Analog" or "Fax Server". All i get is a link named "Fax Server Setup"- no "Fax analog setup" link like 3 other model i have checked with.

I've done firmware to the latest.

Could it be security settings or something like that? any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

charm5496
04-20-2011, 09:03 PM
have you tried running through the initial setup of the device again so you can enable the fax option?
It does not clear out any of your configuration settings and you can enable options that were not enabled at the initial machine startup.

scoobysteve
04-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi
Thanks for your help but I was told by tech support that it was because the fax board was not detectable. I reseated the cable from fax unit to the system board and it was all good after that.. No lost settings as well..

charm5496
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
very cool

Custom Search