PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub c351 Network question

Custom Search

Valeo175
04-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I have a bizhub c351 that will not allow me to switch from dhcp to static. The manual button is not listed in the tcp/ip menu. Any ideas? I do have network connection. On DHCP its pulling a 172.17.249.2 ip. I have tried to push all buttons. The printer makes a beep and does not allow me to edit ip/subnet/default gateway. Any help will be appreciated.

RRodgers
04-20-2011, 07:31 PM
I have a bizhub c351 that will not allow me to switch from dhcp to static. The manual button is not listed in the tcp/ip menu. Any ideas? I do have network connection. On DHCP its pulling a 172.17.249.2 ip. I have tried to push all buttons. The printer makes a beep and does not allow me to edit ip/subnet/default gateway. Any help will be appreciated.

Flash it and/or try doing a trouble rest. ( Don't know if that would helpo biut can't hurt). Hold down the utility key while powering it up. Keep holding till it says trouble reset then touch that and cycle the power.

Valeo175
04-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks Will do! I am assuming that the firmware is on the Konica/Minota site. Correct?

aesthetics1
04-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Firmware is only available for KM authorized technicians.

You don't happen to have a Fiery on the machine, do you?

Try doing a data clear in service mode, this will reset to defaults and you should be able to change it.

Valeo175
04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
How do I perform a data clear? Sorry to be such a newb!

aesthetics1
04-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Should be under service mode under either System 1 or System 2. Can't remember exactly where.

Chip Resets SA
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
If all fails put your laptop on the same IP range and log into the web browser with a cross over cable. Log in as administrator and see if you can change the settings under network settings....

Valeo175
04-22-2011, 02:43 PM
It will not allow me to connect to it already tried it. There are two NIC's on it. Does the NIC toward the bottom go to the scanner? Does the NIC toward the top go to the network connection?

Chip Resets SA
04-22-2011, 02:54 PM
The bottom RJ45 is for the machine NIC. Go to service mode, option board status, set to controller 0, exit and restart. Now try with cross over. I think the top one is with Fiery installed, this way you disable the Fiery and enable the machine NIC.

Valeo175
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
there is no option board status in service mode

Valeo175
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Found option board status its under system 2. However the options under. there do not allow me to change to a zero. Here are the options: fax(main) the options are set and unset then fax sub set and unset then local i/f set and unset and jpeg set and unset. fyi i performed the data reset by hold ing down the utility key on start up. Still unable to connect by lan cable via laptop. The laptop is recognizing the nic but is not showing up using an arp -a command. it will allow me to connect via internet explorer

Chip Resets SA
04-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Trying to find out whether you have a Fiery installed on the machine - if you press utility is there a "controller detail' button in the right top of the LCD display?

Valeo175
04-23-2011, 02:03 AM
there is a fiery

Chip Resets SA
04-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Trying to find out whether you have a Fiery installed & enabled. If you press "utility" button is there a "controller detail" in the right hand side top corner of the LCD display?

RRodgers
04-23-2011, 08:53 AM

Ahh crap... I believe a 172 is a handout from a Fiery. Do you have a button on the screen that says Info? As mentioned hit utility and then controller detail.

Chip Resets SA
04-23-2011, 09:30 AM
When you get to controller detail you can do a printout (print pages) to see whether your machine is set to DHCP. Then go to "run setup" after you have printed out the "config page" to follow the menu map. There you can change ALL settings - dhcp to static or your IP (manual),etc.

Valeo175
04-26-2011, 04:18 AM
Thank you I will try that tomorrow. Also shouldn't I be able to access this via IE? I am not able to. I plugged the network cable into the machine bypassing the fiery. I picked up a local IP was still not able to access the machine via ie.

RRodgers
04-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Thank you I will try that tomorrow. Also shouldn't I be able to access this via IE? I am not able to. I plugged the network cable into the machine bypassing the fiery. I picked up a local IP was still not able to access the machine via ie.

IE and Konica can be problematic, I would try Firefox or Opera. Often times I find that it just won't work with IE but works fine with IE. Just an FYI.
Good luck

dogsbody
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
IE and Konica can be problematic, I would try Firefox or Opera. Often times I find that it just won't work with IE but works fine with IE. Just an FYI.
Good luck

I agree, I carry Firefox portable on a USB stick for the sites that don't/can't install Firefox.
Cheers.

Valeo175
04-26-2011, 06:41 PM
ok does anyone know the default password for setup?

Chip Resets SA
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Fiery.1

Valeo175
04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok I was able to configure the printer. It has been found on the network. I used the KM universal print driver. I am able to see it on the network. I am able to ping it. Unfortunately It is not printing. I am still not able to see the printer via IE, firefox, crome, or opera. Any ideas from here?

stan780953
04-27-2011, 08:43 AM
You need to make sure you have configured the print driver with a queue name, either print,hold(if using command workstation) or direct. Click on ports under printer properties then configure port, select LPR and enter queue name.

Chip Resets SA
04-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Do you have the correct driver installed? If you could log on to the fiery through the web browser you could download the correct driver from the fiery under "web pages, downloads. Also check on the fiery configuration printout which "queue" is enabled. See above from Stan - either print, hold or direct. If for instance "print" is enabled, go to the pc, click on "start, run and enter there: \\IP address\print. The pc will look for the fiery as configured by IP address and then ask you whether you would like the driver installed. Say YES. That should do it.

Valeo175
04-28-2011, 12:14 AM
THANK YOU to everyone that has been helping. I really appreciate. The printer is now printing. Now...Scan to email. I have configured the smtp server and the user info. I am not getting the message. Address has not been entered. Any ideas?

Valeo175
04-28-2011, 12:53 AM
I have now setup dns. How do I setup up the scan to email so that it will send using ssl?

Custom Search