X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valeo175
    Technician
    • Apr 2011

[Misc] Bizhub c351 Network question

I have a bizhub c351 that will not allow me to switch from dhcp to static. The manual button is not listed in the tcp/ip menu. Any ideas? I do have network connection. On DHCP its pulling a 172.17.249.2 ip. I have tried to push all buttons. The printer makes a beep and does not allow me to edit ip/subnet/default gateway. Any help will be appreciated.
  • RRodgers
    Service Manager
    1,000+ Posts
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Valeo175
    I have a bizhub c351 that will not allow me to switch from dhcp to static. The manual button is not listed in the tcp/ip menu. Any ideas? I do have network connection. On DHCP its pulling a 172.17.249.2 ip. I have tried to push all buttons. The printer makes a beep and does not allow me to edit ip/subnet/default gateway. Any help will be appreciated.
    Flash it and/or try doing a trouble rest. ( Don't know if that would helpo biut can't hurt). Hold down the utility key while powering it up. Keep holding till it says trouble reset then touch that and cycle the power.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Comment

• Valeo175
      Technician
      • Apr 2011

Thanks Will do! I am assuming that the firmware is on the Konica/Minota site. Correct?

Comment

• aesthetics1
        Trusted Tech
        100+ Posts
        • May 2010

Firmware is only available for KM authorized technicians.

You don't happen to have a Fiery on the machine, do you?

Try doing a data clear in service mode, this will reset to defaults and you should be able to change it.

Comment

• Valeo175
          Technician
          • Apr 2011

How do I perform a data clear? Sorry to be such a newb!

Comment

• aesthetics1
            Trusted Tech
            100+ Posts
            • May 2010

Should be under service mode under either System 1 or System 2. Can't remember exactly where.

Comment

• Chip Resets SA
              Technician
              • Sep 2010

If all fails put your laptop on the same IP range and log into the web browser with a cross over cable. Log in as administrator and see if you can change the settings under network settings....

Comment

• Valeo175
                Technician
                • Apr 2011

It will not allow me to connect to it already tried it. There are two NIC's on it. Does the NIC toward the bottom go to the scanner? Does the NIC toward the top go to the network connection?

Comment

• Chip Resets SA
                  Technician
                  • Sep 2010

The bottom RJ45 is for the machine NIC. Go to service mode, option board status, set to controller 0, exit and restart. Now try with cross over. I think the top one is with Fiery installed, this way you disable the Fiery and enable the machine NIC.

Comment

• Valeo175
                    Technician
                    • Apr 2011

there is no option board status in service mode

Comment

• Valeo175
                      Technician
                      • Apr 2011

Found option board status its under system 2. However the options under. there do not allow me to change to a zero. Here are the options: fax(main) the options are set and unset then fax sub set and unset then local i/f set and unset and jpeg set and unset. fyi i performed the data reset by hold ing down the utility key on start up. Still unable to connect by lan cable via laptop. The laptop is recognizing the nic but is not showing up using an arp -a command. it will allow me to connect via internet explorer

Comment

• Chip Resets SA
                        Technician
                        • Sep 2010

Trying to find out whether you have a Fiery installed on the machine - if you press utility is there a "controller detail' button in the right top of the LCD display?

Comment

• Valeo175
                          Technician
                          • Apr 2011

there is a fiery

Comment

• Chip Resets SA
                            Technician
                            • Sep 2010

Trying to find out whether you have a Fiery installed & enabled. If you press "utility" button is there a "controller detail" in the right hand side top corner of the LCD display?

Comment

• RRodgers
                              Service Manager
                              1,000+ Posts
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Valeo175
                              Ahh crap... I believe a 172 is a handout from a Fiery. Do you have a button on the screen that says Info? As mentioned hit utility and then controller detail.
                              Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Comment

Working...