PDA

View Full Version : Biz hub 500 fax

Custom Search

copierlady
04-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Delivered a biz hub 500 today and the fax will not send. It recieves fine, but it will not send. Changed out the fax unit with one i knew was working ,but it is still doing the same thing. They had their own it guy set up the print scan features , i am wondering if he changed a setting in the machine. Oh also i brought their fax unit to the shop and installed it in another box and it works great! Anyone know what is going on? I checked all the fax setting and they are the same. What am i missing? Thanks.

bigdcopy
04-21-2011, 02:32 AM
check the service mode system 1 or 2 (can't remember which) there is a fax option that needs to be turned on also make sure the marketing area is set correctly they come preset for Japan (stupid question) is the phone cord plugged into the line jack. Also is this a single line or dual line set up? If it is dual line both lines have to work in order for it to work correctly.

copierlady
04-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Thank you i'll check those things and let you know.
Also..... There are no stupid questions in this business!!!! I once had a call from someone who said their machine had no power................... You guessed it, not plugged in! Thanks again.

Brischaffer
04-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Its in Service mode - System 2 - Option Boards and turn the first one on. Also like bigdcopy said check to see if its in the right marketing area. and make sure that the HDD is set to installed. Good luck!!! Had my own fax problem the other day. I hate faxing!!!!! LOL

kingarthur
04-21-2011, 04:46 PM
We've had this before....it was the fax lead that konica supplied with the fax...we have loads of problems with them

bigdcopy
04-22-2011, 01:27 AM
I have also had problems with the 2 wire phone cord that is supplied with the machine I go to a 4 wire cord and it works. (according to Konica its not supposed to work with a 4 wire cord)

copierlady
04-22-2011, 03:21 AM
I have tried everything. I checked all the settings. I have tried two differant phone cords. And, i got a parking ticket messing with this thing! Any more ideas out there. I really hate to trade out the box, it is on the 12th floor in the middle of downtown, but i am getting deperate here. Thanks

RRodgers
04-22-2011, 03:29 AM
I have tried everything. I checked all the settings. I have tried two differant phone cords. And, i got a parking ticket messing with this thing! Any more ideas out there. I really hate to trade out the box, it is on the 12th floor in the middle of downtown, but i am getting deperate here. Thanks

Make sure the FAX is set up to US and NOT JP as they come by default, and as stated above make sure the marketing area is USA.
GL

CraigW
04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
^^^Yes, Fax Target. IIRC, it shows up on a counter list top right, maybe management list. 1 or the other has it.

bigdcopy
04-22-2011, 04:04 PM
take out a loaner fax machine see if it works it sounds like possiably bad phone system. Have you tried turning off ECM?

jamesmutz
04-22-2011, 05:19 PM
I get this a bit. Usually it's because dial tone detection in service mode/fax is turned on. Check if turned on then turn it off.

Darren King
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I had a problem like this. It turned out the the customer had a debit machine plugged into the same line as the fax.
Hope this helps
Darren

bigdcopy
04-23-2011, 05:08 PM
that reminds me - I have had strange problems with postage machines or other machines (not a telephone) plugged into the tel port on the copier. If its not a telephone unplug it also don't use a splitter in the jack at the wall one port one cord!

copierlady
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys you gave me a few more things to check. Heading out there again with a bag full of quarters for the parking meter and a bag full of phone cords. Thanks have a great week.

emujo
04-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Basic stuff... dial your cell phone from the MFP. Do you get through? What tel # is displayed? Try dialing this #, you should hear a ring/handshake signal and the MFP should pick up. If the MFP does not pick up then maybe the incoming # is incorrect. If it does pick up and tries to receive but fails, you should get an error report. Your next steps should be based on weather or not the MFP picks up. Emujo

pepper38_cnd
04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
You can turn on the line monitor and listen to it dial, it should be tone dialing not pulse, you should hear the ring and the other machine answer you should not hear a hissing or sizzling in the background if you do they may have DSL on the same line. Also make sure the default scan resolution is not set to 600 dpi most of the Konica Minolta products use the same default scan settings for both scan and fax most faxes won't receive a 600 dpi image they hang up right after the handshake.

copierlady
04-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Ok guys, thanks a lot. It was the marketing area. The funny thing is, the copier that was faxing fine, has the same settings as this one did. The first thing i did was print a report to compare the settigs. "these are the things"

RRodgers
04-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Ok guys, thanks a lot. It was the marketing area. The funny thing is, the copier that was faxing fine, has the same settings as this one did. The first thing i did was print a report to compare the settigs. "these are the things"

Glad you got it sorted. :)

Custom Search