PDA

View Full Version : Minolta di 350 network

Custom Search

rschmitt
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I have a 350 with a pi 3500 print controller and a nic card. I am having trouble getting it to print. When I load the pi 3500 driver, I can get a Windows test page to print, but nothing else. When I load the the di350 driver and try to print a test print from the setup screen, it tells me the printer is busy.

Anyone?

Thanks

Robert

skirt_chaser
08-03-2007, 12:57 AM
I know of problems like this with other brands of machines, where the firmware had a glitch, so check that first. Another thing you can try is changing the print processor in the printer properties dialogue box on the computer screen when accessing the driver details. Change from RAW to LPR if available. Make sure you are using a PCL language driver also. You may have no joy using PS unless the machine is PostScript equipped.

GL.

Scott_Lewis
08-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Our new tech connected a Pi3500 in our shop today. He was telling me that he could get it to print using PS, but not with PCL. Strange behavior. Will look at it next week to see for myself.

AusiTech
08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Try a basic HP driver. It will tell you if it's driver or not. Sounds like it though.

NickTTTA
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Change the Port to 10001

mjunkaged
08-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Okay, the pi3500...what a lovely piece of crap, you need special tools to get an ip into it, and all it ever did was print, no scan.

I am not sure if you can change the port number on that old guy, Nick, maybe you're thinking of 351's controller?

Have you tried using the Pi3500 driver embedded into windows? Might work better than any you can download or find on disk.

You didn't say whether you were actually able to print a page through your nic card or if you were using the parallel interface? You could try the same driver with an old-school cable if you have a pc and a parallel cable.

If you're printing using the nic it is most likely some problem with port configuration as NickTTT says, although it may be something other than port number, like a wrong subnet or gateway address or ??
Check the printer config page for your port number and double check your protocol addresses. (all 3)

buster68
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm on board with mjunk. I would like to add that the Pi3500 is not RAW port compatible. You have to enable LPR services on your computer, and the LPR queue name is PORT1 (case sensitive). Masking LPR thru TCP/IP will work a little, but for optimal results it needs to be a true LPR port.
Good luck.

Brewmaster
01-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I know this is an old thread but it sounds like some of you actually know something about this printer!

A client of mine acquired a Di350 with the AHT onCore M250/350 print controller on it. Not the pi3500 that the majority of them had. I cannot find print drivers for this thing anywhere. Minolta does not have them posted. Google has been less than helpful although it did point me to a page on langrafix.com that showed someone installing those drivers. So I do know they exist. I have e-mailed them but have yet to recieve a response. AHT.com was abandoned and has since been re-purchased by another company.

Can Anybody help me?

Kelvin Krastel

mjunkaged
01-12-2011, 12:04 AM
post a pic of the beast, a picture is worth 1000 words.

rschmitt
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't have them, but I'll ask around.

Custom Search