PDA

View Full Version : Mita DC-1470

Custom Search

blackcat4866
04-22-2011, 01:25 AM
I've just pulled this little gem out of the back of the garage ... well actually it was second choice. First choice was the Gestetner 2216Z. The foam seal kit has turned into something like gooey moldy bread, and the exposure lamp blew after one really bad copy.

Back on topic. The 1470 is displaying a C30, after a quick attempt at initialization. IIRC C3x means some sort of scanner issue ...

Anybody remember? =^..^=

aragul
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
KMAconnect actually has the service manual: http://www.kmaconnect.com/dnetpub/jsp/Kyocera/default.jsp?refpath=/dnetpub/jsp/Kyocera/ResourceDetails.jsp?rid=2293 (http://www.kmaconnect.com/dnetpub/jsp/Kyocera/ResourceDetails.jsp?rid=2293)

It looks like scanner home position switch or anything related to it (broken coil, loose wire, something blocking optic block, bad motor)

blackcat4866
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM
OK, the scanner is moving now. I just manually rolled the scanner through a couple of cycles.

Copies are very dark, and the image registration is 30mm late. Also the front polypropylene exit pulley has turned into ... lets call it black chewing gum. It came off on the first few copies like blobs of hot roof tar. The odd thing is that the rear exit roller is unaffected. Strange?

Optical cleaning should resolve the dark copies.
Cleaning the registration clutch should help restore registration. Maybe fresh paper ...
And I'll have to MacGyver an exit pulley out of something.

=^..^=

blackcat4866
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I tried your link. May it's just not visible from the Copystar side. Error 404 Server not found.

Metalvoc
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
DC-1470? Have you considered resolving this by placing the device on a stack of paper, and using it solely to keep those papers in place? Just a thought. I've found that by unplugging the device, and never turning it back on will make that code go away. ;) ok, I'm done being an arse now!

Looked up the CS-2014 on KMAconnect. No manuals for us lowly Copystar dealers. Manual is only 1.7Mb. I could probably email it to you if you need it.

aragul
04-22-2011, 07:27 PM
I fixed the link. KMAconnect sometimes gives 404s if you're not logged in instead of redirecting to a login page :mad:

I've seen the gooey exit rollers a few times. I think it can run ok without one for testing.
Registration: remember that the 1470 (doc feed version) will advance anything on the platen a little every time it starts up or when a main cover is closed.
Dark copies: try not to have too much fun cleaning the slit glass next to the drum :D

I've got a customer still using a 1470 with 400,000 copies on it...

blackcat4866
04-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Optical cleaning should resolve the dark copies.
Cleaning the registration clutch should help restore registration. Maybe fresh paper ...
And I'll have to MacGyver an exit pulley out of something...

=^..^=

Easy as pie:
1) Mirrors were filthy, especially mirror 5 and the slit glass. Who has hands small enough to remove the slit glass?
2) Registration clutch was on continuously, mostly since it was full of thick black tarry lubricant.
3) A pickup roller for a Fax LC-7000 can be sanded down to 0.430", then makes quite a nice exit roller.

Not a bad little machine.

Thanks for the tips. =^..^=

kyocera10
09-12-2011, 05:41 PM
there are actually 4 exit rollers right? the ones on the right side are probably melted so remove it, then push the other one on te left side to compensate for the removed ones, final appearance should be one roller oin the right and one on the left, and yourhalogen lamp must have black rings on it, thats what happens when you let it sit fora long time, we usually remove the lamps when we let it sit for a while, well, thats how i remember it, such a long time

blackcat4866
09-13-2011, 01:37 AM
there are actually 4 exit rollers right? the ones on the right side are probably melted so remove it, then push the other one on te left side to compensate for the removed ones, final appearance should be one roller oin the right and one on the left, and yourhalogen lamp must have black rings on it, thats what happens when you let it sit fora long time, we usually remove the lamps when we let it sit for a while, well, thats how i remember it, such a long time

There are only two exit rollers now. I don't know how it started out.

The lamp blew on the DC-1655 which is at least 20 years old. I'm surprised the power supply still worked. Even 10 years ago I remember telling customers that there is always a risk, when turning off and unplugging a 1655 that the power supply may fail.

The machine is working quite nicely now. Thanks. =^..^=

Custom Search