PDA

View Full Version : Buying Manuals Online - Beware!!

Custom Search

chrisban35
04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
I hope this is not a violation of policies here at copytechnet. if it is, please accept my apologies up front. But I think it's important for all of us to share our experiences with vendors as well as help one another out with technical issues. After all, it is a culmination of all our daily experiences that helps each of us share value with one another.

I don't write this message in vindictive anger, but rather in principle. HUGE difference!

I know all of us buy our manuals through the proper manufacturer channels and NONE of us try to save a buck and buy them through online companies, right... LOL

The Company servicemanuals.net had a posted manual online and it was listed as an instant download. Being that it was an emergency need, I clicked and purchased it, and then after the order was completed, it told me it was NOT an instant download.

OK, no problem, we all make mistakes. So I wrote to the support email listed on their website and told them to please cancel order due to my need of this manual instantlyand do not send me link. Instead they ignored my request and four hours later sent the link anyway.

so I wrote them back and said, I asked you to "cancel order" becuase I needed it right now and I already purchased this elsewhere. And it was your fault for not properly listing the right status of the manual.

so, the guy calls me, and even after admitting that he did not have the manual ready, he said that 4 hours was more than fair for him to get it ready and he would NOT refund my money. I told him, he'd either refund it, or I would never do business with his company again, and I would warn my fellow technicians against his unethical practices. he said he didn't care.

So I thanked him for revealing his true colors and business practices and told him to keep the money as it would be his last from my company...

So here I am now, writing, as I promised him I would, telling anyone who needs a manual immediately, be very careful of this company. They have some manuals marked as instant and they ARE NOT, and They will "NOT" refund your money....

Thanks......

JustManuals
04-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Well, all of the manuals on my site at justmanuals.com ARE available for instant download.

Furthermore, that site doesn't tell you exactly what is in the service manual. When it lists a file it tells you it's the service manual, it doesn't say anything about the parts manual.
My files are named exactly what they are, it it includes the parts manual it's list as the parts and service manual. Not to mention his prices are excessive.

chrisban35
04-25-2011, 05:36 AM
Yes, I have noticed that his prices were terrible, along with what you said in regards to no mention of what all is included. About a month ago, i bought a service manual from someone on E Bay, and it came with the service, parts and white sheets for that particular group. and I only paid $12.95. If I find someone with that same make up, I will make sure and mark them in my favorites.......

JustManuals
04-25-2011, 07:11 AM
You should try my site at justmanuals.com I am a paid supporter of this site.
I'm running a buy one get one free special for the month of April.

04-25-2011, 08:27 AM
You should try my site at justmanuals.com I am a paid supporter of this site.
I'm running a buy one get one free special for the month of April.

I don't know about the other guy but I have purchased from JustManuals many times in the past with no issues. I even took advantage of his 2 for 1 deal last week and picked up a couple Oki manuals.

ddude
04-26-2011, 02:51 AM
[B]Well, all of the manuals on my site at justmanuals.com ARE available for instant download.

Yeah, I've heard that before somewhere.........

JustManuals
04-26-2011, 03:30 AM
Do you really think I'd be able to say something like that if it wasn't true?

Custom Search