PDA

View Full Version : KONICA 7145

Custom Search

copierlady
04-25-2011, 12:49 PM
I am working on a konica 7145 that has a jamming problem in the fuser area. I have rebuilt the fuser, switched out the fuser (incase i had missed something on the rebuild) i have changed the direction of the paper in the trays. I removed the finisher to see if it was causing the problem. I even changed the feed tires in the drawers to make sure it was not just a paper pick up problem. But it still james right at the fuser. Not everytime but enough to drive the customer and me crazy. Any insite out there?

CraigW
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM
What jam #s are showing up on the mgmt list ??

J30 & J32 jams have haunted us for a long time on the 7145 machines and we have yet to find a solid solution.

eg101
04-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Have you replaced the timing clutch?

jobert
04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey copierlady, just giving you some ideas...Have you check gear J (fixing input gear)?Maybe broken or some damages on the teeth. Check the fixing motor for consistency 47-40, maybe it is cold soldered. Also check the exit unit, if I'm not mistaken what's called the "hinge" if there is no crack at both end. The thing is, it must play whenever the paper passes through. sorry for the english.. gudlak..

marco1508
05-18-2011, 05:32 PM
check the paper exit sensor, may be damadge it, also chek thr rgister section, now, the paper stop when you make many copies or single copy?, if is on the single copy may be are the paper sensor but if the problem are in the continously copy, you problem are in the register section, check the clutch

copierlady
06-02-2011, 05:54 PM
EG101,
Which clutch are you talking about here? I see a mc2 (loop cluth) and a mc1 (registration clutch) is it one of those or another one? Thanks

eg101
06-03-2011, 09:53 PM
EG101,
Which clutch are you talking about here? I see a mc2 (loop cluth) and aclutch mc1 (registration clutch) is it one of those or another one? Thanks
Registration clutch

DelawareJim
06-05-2011, 09:13 PM
2 things. First, make sure you have enough of a lead edge void area, and that it is consistent. You know...make 25 copies and ensure that the lead edge void does not move. I have seen times when an end user will make a copy of something with a lot of black across the lead edge and the copy will stick to the UFR and jam under the sep claws. Secondly, you may want to install sep claws from a 2223 or a 7020. This type is straight and flat across the edge that touches the UFR. Not chisel pointed like the 7145's are. We have replaced these on a dozen 7145's and have had excellent 100% results.

ddude
06-06-2011, 04:17 AM
you may want to install sep claws from a 2223 or a 7020. This type is straight and flat across the edge that touches the UFR. Not chisel pointed like the 7145's are. We have replaced these on a dozen 7145's and have had excellent 100% results.

Good tip- Thanks!!!

copierlady
06-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys,
replaced both clutches (loop and registration) and it seemed to work great for a while then started jamming in the fuser. On examining the fuser outside of the machine, i noticed it would not open completely. The door was catching on the bottom plate. I "adjusted' the plate it was catching on and it works great now. Thanks for your help. So glad to get this one off my list.

Custom Search