PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help diagnose this Bizhub C250 problem - images are provided

Custom Search

jozef
04-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Hello, I'd appreciate some help if possible. This copier seems to show diagonal "waves" or "ripples" in white for any printing that involves cyan. I've attached images and I have the service manual.

Red text looks fine. Black text fine.

I'd be grateful for any assistance, diagnoses etc.

If I can run some diagnostic, then adjustment/calibrate procedure to fix it, that'd be great.

Thanks.

CT Copier Repair
04-25-2011, 09:11 PM
if you have the service manual have you read it
common issues aer covered there
at least give it a try before you ask for help especially being an end user
we make a living fixing these so if you want help then see what you can figure out and let us know what you tried and we'll most likely point you in a direction

jozef
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm trying to make a living at this. Fixing this is my current job. My friend, I'm 100% confident you make more than I do. This is a tough Detroit market. I'm not trying to take your job.

Common issues covered in the service manual are described without visuals. I'm trying to make it easier by providing visuals.

I'm new to this forum, were there some conditions that would indicate credentials for using it which I haven't met? If I missed something, I'm sorry.

I've tried the Gradation adjust and I'm getting cyan errors (all zeroes). Then, I tried the lattice test and got the wave pattern at top of lattice page, but not at lower part of lattice. So, I adjusted Cyan density upwards, the Cyan weight and lattice pattern looked better. Then ran images stabilization but copies look no better.

The lattice pattern scan is shown in the attachment: 9492

Why is lattice rippled at top but not at bottom?

Thanks.

minimerlin
04-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Are you a Tech?
I would suggest that if you do not know what is wrong and how to fix it from looking at this pattern you do not understand the copier process of the C250. Do you get th pattern on other colors? Have you changed anything or do you want this forum to do all the work?

jozef
04-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't get the pattern on any other color than cyan. Would you suggest that things need changing then at this point? Before doing lots of parts changing, I'm seeking some advice cause I thought that's what the forum is for. You don't have to do any of the work for me. I'm just asking for ideas. Some people really love what they do so much, they think not first who am I helping that doesn't want to work, they think...hmmm..interesting problem, let me try to assist. I'm sorry if your first inclination is all about qualifying me.

I'd rather that you don't chime in if your need to qualify me is greater than your interest in building the community.

The experience of the forum so far has me defending accusations. I simply thought I could get input from someone that loves the troubleshooting as much as I do.

I'm glad you think this is a real easy problem.

The answer is no, the problem is not on other colors, it's just on Cyan. I can suggest a replacement of the Cyan imaging unit but as you should know, that can run $400-$500. Was your note about replacing anything simply to suggest the imaging unit needs replacement?

You may not want to "do all the work", if you have a chip on your shoulder about this, may I kindly ask that you refrain until I find someone that has a more caring heart about this and doesn't find my requests so trying?

Thanks.

nmfaxman
04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Put in a new CYAN Imaging Unit.
There is no developer left in the one you have.

As always....................................

minimerlin
04-26-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't get the pattern on any other color than cyan. Would you suggest that things need changing then at this point? Before doing lots of parts changing, I'm seeking some advice cause I thought that's what the forum is for. You don't have to do any of the work for me. I'm just asking for ideas. Some people really love what they do so much, they think not first who am I helping that doesn't want to work, they think...hmmm..interesting problem, let me try to assist. I'm sorry if your first inclination is all about qualifying me.

I'd rather that you don't chime in if your need to qualify me is greater than your interest in building the community.

The experience of the forum so far has me defending accusations. I simply thought I could get input from someone that loves the troubleshooting as much as I do.

I'm glad you think this is a real easy problem.

The answer is no, the problem is not on other colors, it's just on Cyan. I can suggest a replacement of the Cyan imaging unit but as you should know, that can run $400-$500. Was your note about replacing anything simply to suggest the imaging unit needs replacement?

You may not want to "do all the work", if you have a chip on your shoulder about this, may I kindly ask that you refrain until I find someone that has a more caring heart about this and doesn't find my requests so trying?

Thanks. I am just trying to point out that the fault should be obvious to a tech! If you want to take exception with this then that is up to you! We get a lot of requests for help from users that do not want to call a tech but would rather get the forum to remote diagnose the fault!
Just replacing the Cyan IU will fix the fault.
I would request that if you want help that you give more information in future such as life of image units total counts etc.
I will not bother to give a reply to your other trivial statements you made!
Have a good day.

jozef
04-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Ok, interesting. Your first post asked if I changed anything. Another posts states "Just replacing the Cyan IU will fix the fault." I was looking for some pearls of wisdom regarding the C250 which might be from my missing Service Bulletins. Or, acquired by someone doing this for years on this unit. For example, in Sharp copiers, if the dev is really low or moved to one side, you'll get this type of copy quality problem and it's NOT the IU.

Sure, replacing the Cyan IU should fix it. So will buying a new machine. Customers just love the answer about "let's start changing parts." In fact one customer told me "I don't call you guys out because all you want to do all the time is sell me parts."

FYI, if you care to know, this problem can be caused by these types of issues:

An IU that failed the high demand for toner - solution: Feed blank sheets
A dirty IU - solution: clean it
a PH Windows that's dirty - solution: clean it
Frozen cam gear on Image Xfer Belt Unit - solution: replace ITBU
Bad High Voltage Unit (image Transfer, Neutralizing)
TCR malfunction (TCR Sensor) or low Vg or Vdc

Sorry, NONE of these involve replacing the IU.

I simply asked the wrong person. I was looking for someone that maybe had a lot of experience with this machine that could point out other things to try.

Thanks though, I'll remember that I can just start replacing things when something goes wrong. Glad you reminded me. That's a strategy that always works. Keeps us all working too, especially in the overseas facilities where the parts are made...That's was the first poster's worry.

Thanks for making an innocent request for contributions and some troubleshooting lore, on a technical forum, all about your opinions.

mpduvall
04-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Temporary fix is to add Cyan Developer to unit until you are able to replace with new one...

jozef
04-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Hey thanks! And, from another Junior Member. I do appreciate that.

CT Copier Repair
04-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Well if you want it fixed then give us the info
as for not giving you an answer if the answer from a respected TECHNICIAN on this board is not what you want to hear then quite frankly DON"T POST
FIGURE IT OUT
If the UI needs to be replaced then it needs to be replaced
Not really caring if it costs 400-500 to replace that is what it is
If you needed a kidney and it as 400-500 dollars then that is what it costs
they do cost money
and if you wanna be CHEAP then thats your choice but do not bash a technician who tells you what the problem is
I am not troiubleshooting things down to component level even though I can its not how this industry works

pepper38_cnd
04-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Ok, interesting. Your first post asked if I changed anything. Another posts states "Just replacing the Cyan IU will fix the fault." I was looking for some pearls of wisdom regarding the C250 which might be from my missing Service Bulletins. Or, acquired by someone doing this for years on this unit. For example, in Sharp copiers, if the dev is really low or moved to one side, you'll get this type of copy quality problem and it's NOT the IU.

Sure, replacing the Cyan IU should fix it. So will buying a new machine. Customers just love the answer about "let's start changing parts." In fact one customer told me "I don't call you guys out because all you want to do all the time is sell me parts."

FYI, if you care to know, this problem can be caused by these types of issues:

An IU that failed the high demand for toner - solution: Feed blank sheets
A dirty IU - solution: clean it
a PH Windows that's dirty - solution: clean it
Frozen cam gear on Image Xfer Belt Unit - solution: replace ITBU
Bad High Voltage Unit (image Transfer, Neutralizing)
TCR malfunction (TCR Sensor) or low Vg or Vdc

Sorry, NONE of these involve replacing the IU.

I simply asked the wrong person. I was looking for someone that maybe had a lot of experience with this machine that could point out other things to try.

Thanks though, I'll remember that I can just start replacing things when something goes wrong. Glad you reminded me. That's a strategy that always works. Keeps us all working too, especially in the overseas facilities where the parts are made...That's was the first poster's worry.

Thanks for making an innocent request for contributions and some troubleshooting lore, on a technical forum, all about your opinions.

Ok Jozef you know whats wrong or possibly wrong?

"An IU that failed the high demand for toner - solution: Feed blank sheets" Why feed blank sheets when an auto Toner TCR will do the same without adding clicks?
"A dirty IU - solution: clean it" Lots of luck with that.
"a PH Windows that's dirty - solution: clean it" if it was PH window the lines would be straight from lead to trail? That ain't it!
"Frozen cam gear on Image Xfer Belt Unit - solution: replace ITBU" Frozen gear would cause no transfer plus the belt cost more than the IU
"Bad High Voltage Unit (image Transfer, Neutralizing)" Usually a code and not usually isolate to one iu.
"TCR malfunction (TCR Sensor) or low Vg or Vdc" Always a code and part of the IU

Evey thing you have told us indicates the Cyan Iu has failed! You have been given great advise, replace the Cyan Iu, If it doesn't fix it then come back and ridicule us all! But make sure you have the correct solution before you do.

jozef
04-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Ok, fair enough. Now, your presenting the value of your experience, precisely why I came here originally. Thanks for your feedback.

Many of those things are recommended by Konica. And, they should be done before replacing the IU. If you don't agree with those ideas, perhaps Konica has it wrong. You might want to take that up with them, they are prescriptive for their machine.

ineo+6501
04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Seen this loads of times accross the model range. If you have an old cyan IU from any of the grey cover models (C250, C252, C300, C350, C351, C352 or C450) then you can add some of the cyan developer from the old unit into the faulty machines cyan IU. 9 times out of 10 this will get the machine going and cure the fault. But let me stress that this is a temporary fix, it probably won't last long but the extra click revenue will go towards a new Cyan IU.

minimerlin
04-27-2011, 08:10 PM
I would like to thank Pepper38_cnd and ct copier repair for their comments in support of my posts. It seems we (nearly) all agree as to the solution ...a replacment Cyan IU as the complete fix!
Just the originator seems to have a downer on anyone who suggest it.

I will be sure to limit my replies in future as to possible fixes if it involves any outlay of cash!!lol!

luis8832
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
if i am not mistaken you can go into the service modes, not sure where but look for halftone patterns. You can pick cyan, once you pick it you should get a print of that IU. The print should be a solid cyan print. If you dont get that then my friend your IU is bad and you need to replace it. You can test all your IU's like this. Test out a good one so the explanation i gave you is clearer. Good luck dude. Keep me posted.

seniortech
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Replace Cyan Imaging Unit...

jozef
05-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Hi all:

It appears we fixed this problem by installing a new Cyan Imaging Unit as suggested.

Thanks for all the analysis and discussion.

Jozef

pepper38_cnd
05-19-2011, 01:18 AM
I would like to thank Pepper38_cnd and ct copier repair for their comments in support of my posts. It seems we (nearly) all agree as to the solution ...a replacment Cyan IU as the complete fix!
Just the originator seems to have a downer on anyone who suggest it.

I will be sure to limit my replies in future as to possible fixes if it involves any outlay of cash!!lol!

Thank you Jozef for closing this call, all the advice turned out to be correct.

minimerlin Hi Five to you! and don't be limiting your replies as there will always be someone that may learn something from your response even if they challenge or criticize it. Knowledge is king, and thats what makes this site tick!!

Custom Search