PDA

View Full Version : KM C550 Built Quality ?

Custom Search

scomeau1
04-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Looking to buy a used KM C550.

It Has a total of only 132K and would like to know what you think of this machine in built quality as I would have to make this machine last for four more years.

This is a 08 model.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Scott

mo0651
04-26-2011, 02:52 PM
we have one with 1.5 million clicks. been a good machine.

scomeau1
04-27-2011, 12:05 AM
we have one with 1.5 million clicks. been a good machine.

How many problem did you have in the 1.5 Mil ? Any scanner problems ? Paper misfeeds ect.

Thanks Scott

bigdcopy
04-27-2011, 01:50 AM
If it is an older C550 were the ADF mods done? When were the Fuser unit, Transfer Belt unit, and IU's replaced last (not chipped or fused but replaced) as a Tech I would not get into a machine that I did not know the history of without replacing the basics then putting the machine through the color set up and calibration. There are to many things that can go wrong with a color machine and they are expensive to fix.

If you can have a tech check the jam history and service code history out this can give you an idea of what you are getting into.

scomeau1
05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
How do tell what year the KM C550 was built ? In the date on the unit someware ?

Thanks Scott

emujo
05-02-2011, 01:59 PM
C550 has been around only +- 2 years. 132K is just a baby. If you are not familiar with the MFP pay a KM tech to visit and inspect the MFP. He/she can tell you where the problems are and if mods are installed. We also have these with excess of 1 mil copies, and purring along. You will save money in the long run by ensuring you are not getting screwed by the small possablity that this MFP is a lemon. Emujo

scomeau1
05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
We also have these with excess of 1 mil copies, and purring along. You will save money in the long run by ensuring you are not getting screwed by the small possablity that this MFP is a lemon. Emujo[/QUOTE]

No Problem but what do think of the machine ?? Is it built right - How is the quality build of the machine ?

And how do you tell if it's a "Lemon" By what service codes ?

Thanks Scott

brasilmichaele
05-03-2011, 01:23 AM
they can squeak in which Konica Milnolta is trying to resolve. it is actually worst on the C451

emujo
05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I like the device...from a tech point of view, maintenance is quite simple...old unit out, new unit in. CQ is great as long as you don't start re chipping IU's and re-fusing x-fer belt, fuser. From my managers point of view, high $$$$ service cost because of the replacement units. As to the question of how you can tell by the service modes if it's a lemon...132K on MFP... you should see very little in the history for jams, C codes etc. If the history is full of 66XX codes then you know the ADF has issues, C codes related to fuser etc. Why is it for sale? EMujo

scomeau1
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
It's not for sale,

I bought it off eBay used and it came with damaged from shipping the scanner is broken leg's broken off missing screws and a few other things.

So the seller will refund me the cost of the unit if I return it
I'm trying to figure out if it worth the 4200.00 that I paid for it - I'm not sure it is ??

But it can be fixed at the shippers cost and he said he would give me a Fiery 1C-409 to boot.

Should I keep it or send it back and lose my 450.00 shipping cost. is it worth 4200.00 ?

What do you think ?

Thanks for any info you can give me !

Scott

Custom Search