PDA

View Full Version : Changing the line frequency

Custom Search

bizhub1
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Hello, have a customer that has a KM C353 with a Fiery IC 409 on it and the customer wants to change the lines per inch for prepress applications with Corel. Can not get the machine to change line frequency no matter what settings. Wandering if anyone has ever dealt with this, customer says he used to have a cheap printer that would do it. Thanks

pepper38_cnd
04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
I have run into this same thing customer had an old hp that only printed at 300 dpi so you could always see the dots when printing half tones like photos, they want the new equipment to perform like the old so they can make some thing for an old plate maker that needs to see the dots. The answer is no the new stuff prints at 600 dpi or at worst 400 dpi with smoothing so you are not going to see the dots ( at least I could not make it produce dots), most people want it that way. Time to upgrade the plate maker to match the copier.

bizhub1
04-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I have run into this same thing customer had an old hp that only printed at 300 dpi so you could always see the dots when printing half tones like photos, they want the new equipment to perform like the old so they can make some thing for an old plate maker that needs to see the dots. The answer is no the new stuff prints at 600 dpi or at worst 400 dpi with smoothing so you are not going to see the dots ( at least I could not make it produce dots), most people want it that way. Time to upgrade the plate maker to match the copier.

Thanks for the reply, that's kind of what I figured.

mrwho
04-27-2011, 02:24 PM
They can always simulate it via Photoshop or Paintshop Pro - I use PSP and it has a filter that simulates the halftone - can't hurt to try.

Custom Search