PDA

View Full Version : PRO C500

Custom Search

copierlady
05-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Still working on this beast. I am getting a faint white line on some copies. When i do a single color test it only shows up on yellow. And it only shows up when the background is almost a solid color. I can not scan an example. It is so faint, i don't think it would show up. You can only see it in a certain light and sometimes it has a kind of purple tint to it. I have changed out the corona on the yellow drum unit and i cleaned the glass under the corona, but it did not help. The drum looks good i can not see any worn areas that would be causing a problem. Anyone seen this befor?

racefreak
05-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Here are several things you can try. 1st, pull out the process section and from the right side of the unit, find the gap above the metal frame and below the yellow developer unit. Take a can of air and spray several bursts from front to rear. This will clean any stray toner/developer from the path of the laser. If that doesn't work, swap the yellow an cyan drum and see if the problem follows the drum. If it does not, try swapping the developer unit. Simply put tape over the top hole so no toner gets added to the wrong color. See if the problem follows the unit or stays put. One of these should give you a good idea of the offending area. Good luck.

JustManuals
05-05-2011, 07:04 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

empiru
05-13-2011, 11:00 PM
If you say, it sometimes has a kind of a purple tint, change the charging corona for the Magenta - if it is dirty or "broken", it can damage the quality of prints on all other 3 colors.

Desert Rat
05-16-2011, 05:44 PM
You could also try swapping the chargers, and make sure the laser glass slit to the right of the dv unit is clean.

DR

jcontractor
05-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Still working on this beast. I am getting a faint white line on some copies. When i do a single color test it only shows up on yellow. And it only shows up when the background is almost a solid color. I can not scan an example. It is so faint, i don't think it would show up. You can only see it in a certain light and sometimes it has a kind of purple tint to it. I have changed out the corona on the yellow drum unit and i cleaned the glass under the corona, but it did not help. The drum looks good i can not see any worn areas that would be causing a problem. Anyone seen this befor?

The copy look like the Attached Document?

copierlady
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, it is something like that as best as i can tell. It is really hard to see unless you are in the right light.

jcontractor
05-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Hi,

I clean all part of this machine, Scanner, Mirrors, Laser, Inside Laser, Charge Coronas, clean all roller possible, etc.
I follow all recommendation possible in this Forum. It is a Toshiba Estudio 351C. Incredible my customer just was waiting for Transfer Belt Interchange for a new one, that the last thing that I was to do. Before I change the TBU the customer was using the machine for elemental prints like color separation for transparencies, the machine gave a "Call Technician for Service". I reset the 08-251 and 08-252 counters to zero.

The machine start to gave outstanding color copies, Monochrome prints and copies, Incredible. I'm looking for someone who explains what happend, I think that the charge Bias and other voltage variables was reset to It's default condition.

I work with small monochrome printers, as the printers start to gave bad print quality I just reset the Bias and other maintenance counters and the prints get brilliant quality. As Brother Small Multi-functional machines and other small print machines.

I hope this feed back help a little in your Troubleshooting quest.

Good Luck.

Reguards.

Custom Search