PDA

View Full Version : Error Code CS-255 scanning troubles

Custom Search

Dave10
05-05-2011, 04:24 PM
we are working a scanning issue on a CS-255. the customer is trying to scan 11x17 documents, the scanned image on the PC is "fuzzy/Blurred". We have had the customer Change resolution to 600x600 DPI, changed the image quality setting to medium high, and sharpness to about medium high also. the customer states that their 81/2x11 documents will scan with out any issues, but when they try to scan 11x17 the machine does not even start the scan job and a message comes up stating please change resolution to 300x300, why is that? a conflict in scan settings possibly?. problem is when they scan on 300x300 they can not read the document on the computer since it blurrs. Could it possibly be out of memory? i kinda doubt this but just a thought. could someone explain how the scan process works? document gets scanned into machine memory first and then sent out onto the network heading to the destination pc? any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

gneebore
05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Try changing the maximum files size for scanned files being sent by the copier. The 300x300 resolution setting uses less memory. Also try sending as tiff files. Just a shot to see if that helps.

blackcat4866
05-06-2011, 12:44 AM
What type of scanning? Email, SMB, FTP? What is the current memory available? Color scans or black & white scans? If email, what attachment size limit? Any errors? They will not show up on any reports, just on the display until the error is cleared. =^..^=

Morlock49
05-06-2011, 02:26 AM
there is no HDD on this machine so the memory must hold the scan data. from what I understand you must add the additional 1gb memory module to get full scanning capabilities. I assume you are trying to scan in color. Kyocera took the hard drive out, so that the copier could be sold on government contracts, and have no security risk.

OEM Part #: SD-144-1(A) / 855D200296
MXI Part #: MXMDDR21024 this is the memory experts part number.....so much cheaper than kyocera.

Dave10
05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
they are scanning to smb and i believe that memory is only 512MB. they are trying to scan blue print type documents ( not quite as intricate as blue prints but simple layout plans with measurments ) and i believe its black and white.

Custom Search