PDA

View Full Version : Minolta di251f abort code

Custom Search

Tom
05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey all, this thing is giving me fits. Keeps cycling over & over with abort code 0x00d102b5. Can't even get into the service mode or reset mode before it cycles. Any ideas? thanks

mjunkaged
05-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Start by removing stuff, and see if you can get it to stop. If it has a finisher, turn off, unplug, power up. If it has an ADFR, try that next. Print controller connector next (where it plugs in to the rear boxy area, or at the print controller end, either/or)., Then try the image unit. IF the code goes away you've found your problem. A Kon-Min authorized tech can call tech. support or look online and get the abort code defined, but I can't, sorry.

Tom
05-05-2011, 09:21 PM
It doesn't have a finisher or print system in it. I already tried taking out the image unit & uplugging DF, to no avail. So, any Kon-min techs out there have the list of abort codes, cause I have the service manual & they only have the regular codes.

mjunkaged
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
There is a hard reset procedure:
Straighten out the end of a paperclip, and insert it into the little hole on the right side of the control panel just forward (closer to user/tech.) of the contrast knob. Power up the unit, hit the reset switch IMMEDIATELY, and try hiting '3' repeatedly while it says 'under processing'.
There are also a couple pins on the MFB board itself that can execute a hard reset on the board. I'd try that one as a last resort, and make sure you're shorting the correct 2 pins while powering on. I think you have to keep holding it until it finishes booting if I recall.
Service manual may show location of those 2 pins.

mjunkaged
05-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Book scanner problem.....Check the BCR board in the scanner unit, and make sure you haven't broken your fiber-optic cables.

Tom
05-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Checked fiber optic cables, looked good. Swapped out BCR board-no help. Removed memory board-no help. I guess I'll try swapping main board & pwr supply tomorrow afternoon unless anyone has any more ideas. Wow, this sucks. Its just a big guessing game, & usually these machines work so well. Also, tomorrow is Friday, & I just know this is going to cut into my beer time.

mjunkaged
05-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Sometimes it IS the mfb board, which is sad. These units ain't gettin' any younger! Don't take it personally. Only other thing I can think of is that the boards are not pushed together well.....the main/sub-main boards sandwich together and plug into the pwb-a (motor/fuser driver board) which is buried under those two. If it got a bad move they could have become separated.
The fiber optic cable is bad even if you just kink it, but you probably already knew that....did you try replacing it w/ a known good one just to make sure it's not cracked inside? Fiber optic can never be broken, because the light will stop flowing.

Tom
05-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Problem ended up being with the main board. Thanks for all advice, as this was only the second time I've ever had a main board problem with one of this series of machine, and I've worked on a LOT of these over the past decade.

RRodgers
05-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Glad you got it sorted. I just had a 250 that would keep giving me an abort code. What I ended up doing was disconnecting the fax kit installed and then fired it up and that seem to fix it.

Custom Search