PDA

View Full Version : 8070 Error code

Custom Search

Mdkoh
08-09-2007, 04:30 AM
Gentlemen,

Have a customer with an E240 amd E732 code that keeps popping up. I know these are communication errors and there are more than enough service pubs out on this. So far we have tried reseating connectors on both the DC and Main controllers, Updated firmware, examined the transfer unit for lateral play, also inspected the fusing section for proper assembly (improperly assembled causes bias bleed to frame). We have 3 options left that have not been investigated, one is the hard drive, the other is the main controller, and the third would be a suspicious voltage supply from the wall. This customer is located at in a rural part of Arizona:eek: where electrical supplies can be a bit shaky. Anyone have any other suggestions that may shed some light on this issue?

Thaks in advance for your help

CanonHPTech
08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
hmmm... 732 is DCON comm. err., but 240 is a RCON comm. err. What troubleshooting have you done at the Reader? Check all of your connections at the RCON and also the main cable that plugs into the unit from the reader. This has caused techs hours of needless troubleshooting because user either pinched the cable against wire, or one of the connectors in the harness was loose. Does the Scan Lamp come on? Does the Reader do its 'dance' at boot up? Check for something pinched, or an exposed wire touching metal in this area. Have you tried DCON or RCON Clears? Doubt they would help, but maybe. I had an issue with a IR 330 where the CCD unit cable had exposed wires (apparently thats the way they are, replacement cable came the same way!), and for some reason after being in use for 5-7 years, they decided to touch the metal frame of reader and blow the CCD and caused some kind of 200 code. There is a tech pub on the 330 for that problem, but I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw the exposed wire and the burn mark on the pcb of the CCD. Good luck sir.

Mdkoh
08-12-2007, 10:54 PM
The copier is a 8070 with a K1. In knowledge base they reference 4-6 different causes for this, I have covered 3 of them. The transfer unit with excessive lateral movement, rear portion of the fusing roller being assembled wrong also loose connectors. My next move is to replace the HD and the main controller. I have heard that cable tie wraps can cause weird problems like this.

To make matters worse this never happens while we are there and 3 different techs have been on this machine since it has started doing this. To make things even more difficult we recently lost our dealer status but this machine belongs to Canon and they have contracted with us to service it. Our service manager claims we are still making money even though its 150 miles from us one way, and we are seeing it about every 3-4 weeks. No phone or on-line service support due to loss of dealership status as well. I think some would call this the machine from hell.

I will look very carefully at the wiring harnesses and for pinched or exposed wires. I will try and supply any additional information as it becomes available. Thanks for your input it has given me some additional ideas.

Mdkoh
09-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Wanted to follow up to the above issue. Replaced the main controller and the Hard Drive. ERR code list showed that at least 4 E602 codes had registered during my return. Believe the HD played a major role in this problem.

Custom Search