PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Minolta bizhub C35 wont scan to share folder...??..

Custom Search

Finn10
05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Hey evryone,
I am setting up a printer/copier/scanner for the office for myself to use... I have created in the address book a destination folder for the scan to go to... I have shared the folder... Put in my pc's host address, the exact file path to point to my share folder and an administrator username and password.. but when i scan to folder it fails and shows the error on the printers touchpad ''Scan TX failed.. Job is cancelled''?? I am on wrk expierience currenly so in no way am i an expert so any help would be massiveley appreciated..:D

aesthetics1
05-06-2011, 11:27 PM
You more than likely haven't set it up correctly on one of the sides.

Is your PC using a static IP Address? That is what you should enter as the Host Address, or if you have a DNS server enabled on your network, you could use hostnames (if you add the DNS Server address to the KM's network config info.)

Next, most people are confused when they enter the file path.

For example, If I have a folder on my computer at C:\Documents and Settings\jamie\Scans\

I do not enter "C:\Documents and Settings\jamie\Scans\" for the file path.

Another incorrect way would be to use the UNC path.

If I have a shared folder at \\192.168.1.100\Scans, I do not enter the same as the file path.

The server address has already been set, either the IP address or the hostname. The only other entry you need to add is the folder's "Share name"

This is the name that you gave the folder when you set up file sharing. You should also give read/write privileges to the account that you shared the folder out to. Make sure you do it under the sharing/permissions tabs as well as the security tab depending on the OS you're using.

Let me know if that clears it up a bit.

I personally recommend using the scan to FTP function, as it is much easier to set up using the KM FTP Utility. I also doesn't rely on Windows usernames/passwords changing, any NTFS permissions, sharing the folder, etc. Simply install the program, point it to the correct path, and set the ip address in the one-touch on the copier side. Very simple.

Good luck.

Finn10
05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the reply,
Got it sorted.. I was logged in as administrator and therefore the username and password i had entered wasnt the same as the what i was logged in as.. Simple but very frustrating at the time haha..

Custom Search