PDA

View Full Version : installing chips for km bizhub c450 black Image unit

Custom Search

suresh
05-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I got 4 chips to replace on the imaging unit of Konica minolta bizhub c450.
I replace the cyan first, and no problem.
I go to the Black, but the chip that came is different than the one on the imaging unit. The seller says its for C351 and C450. But the black chip is different.

So maybe I have to order other chips. I don't know. Some help here
Thanks

this is the image of what I got.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62611116@N08/5691438431/in/photostream

minoltaed
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
The bk chip is different from the colors. You have to take off one cover in the the front of the dv by the toner auger. And the chip is behind it.

RRodgers
05-07-2011, 12:23 AM
The bk chip is different from the colors. You have to take off one cover in the the front of the dv by the toner auger. And the chip is behind it.

What he said.

RockETop
05-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Yup!

suresh
05-11-2011, 12:16 AM
OK, thanks

I open the front plastic cover, taking the 5 screws out, and pulling the blue rod out so I could see the chip.
I replace the chip. reinstall the cover and slide the Imaging unit back.

And now this is the error on the screen:
"The wrong imaging unit is set.
Please install the correct Imaging Unit, and close all doors"

emujo
05-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Wrong chip...lot of wasted time now fooling with re-chipping. My guess is that when you get the correct chip, the I/U wont last long enough to be worth the time and you will have to replace it anyway. Emujo

suresh
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks emujo. But the bottom line is that I can save lot's of money. And I don't have a money tree on my backyard. Many people have said that the imaging unit can last up to 200.000 copies. So that is a considerable amount of money I'm saving. Maybe konica-minolta should set their chips to warn us at 100.000 or 150.000 copies. But, of course, they prefer not to do it (money issue). I really appreciate your advice, but for me, money it's a scarce resource.

adecanmin
05-13-2011, 04:23 AM
I'd replace the drums. They are cheap about 38 dollars. Developer units will last several resets. However with the original drums the copy quality will deteriorate.

Adrien

emujo
05-17-2011, 02:00 PM
It's against our policy to re-chip the IUs, the per copy price is built into the price of the IUs so we're not losing money on this, and IU's that fail pematurely are under warrenty. We do re-fuse X-fer belts and fusers if the CQ is still there. Our problem (KM) is that many items are available as assemblies and many of our techs will order a entire fuser unit to replace a UFR (on the models that have serviceable parts). Not trying to say my way is better, but in my experiance, CQ suffers as soon as you try to extend the life of the IUs. Emujo

Kmdurrin
05-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks emujo. But the bottom line is that I can save lot's of money. And I don't have a money tree on my backyard. Many people have said that the imaging unit can last up to 200.000 copies. So that is a considerable amount of money I'm saving. Maybe konica-minolta should set their chips to warn us at 100.000 or 150.000 copies. But, of course, they prefer not to do it (money issue). I really appreciate your advice, but for me, money it's a scarce resource.

Its very unlikely that your black IU will make double life like that. A better idea is just to turn off the "life-stop" function in the machines service mode and swap the IU once the image quality deteriorates. I can usually squeeze an extra 20% out of these units before they sour. I personally feel that re-chipping is a waste of labor and money.

Custom Search