PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update for Konica C500 SC29-22?

Custom Search

henry finley
05-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I have worked too hard and gotten too many things perfect to be having SC29-22 keep dogging me like this. I'm told there is some kind of software update for this. I am not a technician, but have gotten pretty good. What do I do--connect the copier up to my ethernet hub and get the update into it that way?
How do I get a copy of this update? Thanks.

RRodgers
05-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I have worked too hard and gotten too many things perfect to be having SC29-22 keep dogging me like this. I'm told there is some kind of software update for this. I am not a technician, but have gotten pretty good. What do I do--connect the copier up to my ethernet hub and get the update into it that way?
How do I get a copy of this update? Thanks.

Pay a tech to come out and do it for ya. You need software and the proper cables to do it.

henry finley
05-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Pay a tech to come out and do it for ya. You need software and the proper cables to do it.
If I could have gotten a technician to come here I'd have done it already. No technician is going to come all the way out here. I've tried. They won't even return my call. I live a million miles from anywhere. I'm on my own.

RRodgers
05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
If I could have gotten a technician to come here I'd have done it already. No technician is going to come all the way out here. I've tried. They won't even return my call. I live a million miles from anywhere. I'm on my own.

Nothing against you personally, but I RARELY ever bother to help anyone that won't even take the time to put in there location info. I mean, if ya can't even be bothered to do that it tells me you are not really here.

henry finley
05-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I am in NC. I've seen your little color joke before, so you might be someone who can help. I'm not a technician like it says--at least not a certified one. Actually this machine has made me into a certified nut case. I'm too far out in the country. Nobody will come here. Unless I pay them of course 10 times in mileage than the actual repair. I have to learn this stuff and buy what I need to do it. Don't tell me what I've already read and done here and in the book. It's obvious I need that firmware update thingy. Thank you.

henry finley
05-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Well thanks for the help, friend. I have no idea why the attitude. San Bernardino--isn't that on the Left coast? Judging from Nasty Pelosi, Barbara the Boxer, and the rest of that ilk you guys keep sicking on us, I guess Representatives truly are representative.
Maybe the guy with the little rocking dog icon will see me and help. He sure seems mighty smart.

henry finley
05-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Let me explain something to you, chum. When you are on the ham radio bands, and someone asks something like that, you help them. There's no difference here. This is the "copier band". As long as they have a call sign (registration) If they didn't fill out some blank to suit you, what makes you the FCC?
As for me, I RARELY ever help someone who has his pants pulled down and hat crooked. But when someone is on the band and they have a problem, I NEVER refuse them. I'll answer them to solve their problem if I can and let it go at that.
If you still think I'm not really here, then where am I? You win the logic prize of a lifetime, chum. Don't help me, ya jerk. You wanna help me?--slap Nasty Pelosi or Barbara the Boxer or Dianne Einstein across the mouth. Or any of the rest of the lunatics you people in Callyfornia keep electing. I'll take 45-20's and 29-22's all day long before any help from the increedible number of jerks this machine has brought into my life.

RRodgers
05-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Well thanks for the help, friend. I have no idea why the attitude. San Bernardino--isn't that on the Left coast? Judging from Nasty Pelosi, Barbara the Boxer, and the rest of that ilk you guys keep sicking on us, I guess Representatives truly are representative.
Maybe the guy with the little rocking dog icon will see me and help. He sure seems mighty smart.

Please don't put me in the same box as "those guys" I hate them and can't wait to see them go. I enjoy keeping my money, driving my Mercedes Benz and banging my smoking hot wife. I believe gun control is owning one and getting rid of the people that want to take away my right to have it. If I owned a gun it would be ME not the GUN that killed with it.

Remember, G.W. Bush is a god up against Obama, GW has power over the weather so Katrina was his fault. He has power over the gas prices, so the high gas prices were his fault. B.O. is powerless over these things.

As to your problem... you didn't even bother to post what you've done to correct this, let alone your current firmware version.

Straight from KM web site,

Solution ID TAUS0649950EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
SC29-22.
Solution
To identify and resolve the error, perform the following:
Samples to gather for evaluation :
1. Adjustment data list print - Grid Voltages should vary by line speed and color.
2. Halftone samples of each color run at max density (255) - The density should be uniform with no spotting and should feel smooth to the touch.
3. If connected, a calibration page for the DTP32 densitometer - The gradient ramps should have a good solid fill in the max density blocks and have highlight
fill towards last five or six blocks.
There several conditions that needs to be verified :
1. A failed Printer Control Board - Symptom, Gamma Sensor errors with poor fill and low numbers in both the Grid and Bias Voltages.
2. A failed Overall or Main Control Board - Symptom, 29-22 errors at approximately every 508 prints or copies.
3. A new installation or recent PM - Symptom, faded density in Black or all Colors.
In each condition :
1. Recall standard data for Process Adjustments and Image Quality Adjustments. (For testing purposes do not run any adjustments)
2. Print the adjustment list to verify that all values have been restored to default.
3. Run the halftone samples and calibration page - verify that all density issues are restored to normal.
4. If any image quality issue is present, individual consumables will need to be verified on an individual basis.
Steps to follow after part(s) replacement : (Refer to the Service Manual for specific details)
1. It is recommended to flash all Control Boards if either the Printer Control Board or the Main Control Board has been replaced. (While installed in the
machine exhibiting the 29-22 code.)
2. Perform the Automatic Drum Potential Adjustment and the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment.
Note : selecting "Reset Adjustment Data" may be necessary if errors result while performing the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment while in the 36 mode.
3. While in the Key Operator Mode; scroll thru the menu to number 21, select all adjustments and exit the mode to allow the adjustments to be performed.
4. Perform all steps one through six of Printer Gamma Offset and Gamma Sensor Adjustments from the 36 mode.
5. If an internal controller is installed, perform the necessary shutdown procedures.
6. After completing these steps, turn off the sub and main power switches and restart the machine.
7. Repeat the Automatic Drum Potential Adjustment and the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment.
8. Repeat the any previous controller shutdown procedures, and turn off the sub and main power switches and restart the machine.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution provided by Kevin L. Szymanik Sr. District Service Manager - Color Consultant, Dealer Service and Support Group (and the chum Rob that provided it for you)

The ONLY mention I see in there to even bother with flashing it is if you've replaced a board, you haven't even posted what you've done to try and fix this, let alone offer up... "here is why I need the firmware... I replaced a board"

Per the manual,
A 29-22 is a dev motor abnormality
Pull your dev units out and be sure they turn properly, the gears on these unit have a tendency to go bad after a while. You didn't even bother to post the copy count on this. If you would have said, "it's got about 900k on it" I would have said it's probably time to replace your dev unit's as the recommended life on them is 600k but usually I've seen them go up to 900k but by then they are leaking and the gears are starting to strip. Be sure the drums turn as well.

Did you just do a PM?

I was seriously considering helping you right after the post ya made right after mine. Living out in BFE can suck, but after the the posts after that I just wanna flame you.

Good luck with your problem on your machine and here is some advice I will give you,
In life, try not to burn any bridges as for someday you just might need to cross that bridge again.

Signed,
Rob the chum
(that can fix a C500 all day long)

henry finley
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Please don't put me in the same box as "those guys" I hate them and can't wait to see them go. I enjoy keeping my money, driving my Mercedes Benz and banging my smoking hot wife. I believe gun control is owning one and getting rid of the people that want to take away my right to have it. If I owned a gun it would be ME not the GUN that killed with it.

Remember, G.W. Bush is a god up against Obama, GW has power over the weather so Katrina was his fault. He has power over the gas prices, so the high gas prices were his fault. B.O. is powerless over these things.

As to your problem... you didn't even bother to post what you've done to correct this, let alone your current firmware version.

Straight from KM web site,

Solution ID TAUS0649950EN* Solution Usage 1
Description
SC29-22.
Solution
To identify and resolve the error, perform the following:
Samples to gather for evaluation :
1. Adjustment data list print - Grid Voltages should vary by line speed and color.
2. Halftone samples of each color run at max density (255) - The density should be uniform with no spotting and should feel smooth to the touch.
3. If connected, a calibration page for the DTP32 densitometer - The gradient ramps should have a good solid fill in the max density blocks and have highlight
fill towards last five or six blocks.
There several conditions that needs to be verified :
1. A failed Printer Control Board - Symptom, Gamma Sensor errors with poor fill and low numbers in both the Grid and Bias Voltages.
2. A failed Overall or Main Control Board - Symptom, 29-22 errors at approximately every 508 prints or copies.
3. A new installation or recent PM - Symptom, faded density in Black or all Colors.
In each condition :
1. Recall standard data for Process Adjustments and Image Quality Adjustments. (For testing purposes do not run any adjustments)
2. Print the adjustment list to verify that all values have been restored to default.
3. Run the halftone samples and calibration page - verify that all density issues are restored to normal.
4. If any image quality issue is present, individual consumables will need to be verified on an individual basis.
Steps to follow after part(s) replacement : (Refer to the Service Manual for specific details)
1. It is recommended to flash all Control Boards if either the Printer Control Board or the Main Control Board has been replaced. (While installed in the
machine exhibiting the 29-22 code.)
2. Perform the Automatic Drum Potential Adjustment and the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment.
Note : selecting "Reset Adjustment Data" may be necessary if errors result while performing the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment while in the 36 mode.
3. While in the Key Operator Mode; scroll thru the menu to number 21, select all adjustments and exit the mode to allow the adjustments to be performed.
4. Perform all steps one through six of Printer Gamma Offset and Gamma Sensor Adjustments from the 36 mode.
5. If an internal controller is installed, perform the necessary shutdown procedures.
6. After completing these steps, turn off the sub and main power switches and restart the machine.
7. Repeat the Automatic Drum Potential Adjustment and the Auto Gamma Sensor Adjustment.
8. Repeat the any previous controller shutdown procedures, and turn off the sub and main power switches and restart the machine.
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution provided by Kevin L. Szymanik Sr. District Service Manager - Color Consultant, Dealer Service and Support Group (and the chum Rob that provided it for you)

The ONLY mention I see in there to even bother with flashing it is if you've replaced a board, you haven't even posted what you've done to try and fix this, let alone offer up... "here is why I need the firmware... I replaced a board"

Per the manual,
A 29-22 is a dev motor abnormality
Pull your dev units out and be sure they turn properly, the gears on these unit have a tendency to go bad after a while. You didn't even bother to post the copy count on this. If you would have said, "it's got about 900k on it" I would have said it's probably time to replace your dev unit's as the recommended life on them is 600k but usually I've seen them go up to 900k but by then they are leaking and the gears are starting to strip. Be sure the drums turn as well.

Did you just do a PM?

I was seriously considering helping you right after the post ya made right after mine. Living out in BFE can suck, but after the the posts after that I just wanna flame you.

Good luck with your problem on your machine and here is some advice I will give you,
In life, try not to burn any bridges as for someday you just might need to cross that bridge again.

Signed,
Rob the chum
(that can fix a C500 all day long)

Gotcha on the bridge-burning friend. And thank you. I'm not a bridge burner at all by nature. Ever since I got this machine, I've noticed a strange phenomena (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=RQT&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&sa=X&ei=DNTGTcqxJsW1twel-dmWBA&ved=0CB0QBSgA&q=phenomena&spell=1) of the number of outright jerks that seemed to ride up with it. These service people won't even return your call when you leave messages on their voice mail waving money in their face.
Glad to know there's at least one sane person in that circus called California. Must be tough when you're in such a minority.

RRodgers
05-08-2011, 07:29 PM
It's just like I told my wife last night, with me... you get what you give.

henry finley
05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Well, I'll give you my respects. Anyone with 500+ posts, dealing with knuckleheads like me makes you A-OK in my book. Thanks, friend. I think I'll forget about the software upgrade. I've read horror stories on these forums about people loadiing software on these machines and REALLY getting things fouled up.

Custom Search