PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 and secure printing

Custom Search

oldschool
05-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I have used the secure print feature on XP but I can't seem to find it in the Windows 7 (32bit) driver.
Am I just missing it or is it not there? Is anyone using it? If so could you let me know what driver I should be using? (I'm using the postscript driver from 2008 listed at top of the website)

Darren King
05-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I could be wrong but in my experience you have to use the PCL drive to get the secure print feature.
Hope this helps
Darren

oldschool
05-09-2011, 10:22 PM
I would have bet money I was using a postscript driver when I had XP. I would have lost.
The PCL driver does look like I remember and the secure print feature is there.

Thanks Darren

Oh by the way it was on a C253. I can't believe I didn't put that in the subject. That's the kind of day it's been for me.

BlueBlazer
05-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Secure Print is available on that machine with the PS driver, as far as I know there is no difference between the interfaces on PS and PCL.

Question is which driver are you using? I believe it is available under the Konica Universal driver if you are unsure which on eto try

EDIT**

http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=1022

It's available on the 6.3 driver there, I get people set up using it on a frequent basis so I know its there.

oldschool
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I have 6.4 installed. The 6.3 version did not list Windows 7 as supported. I can tell you for sure I had 6.4.1.0 postscript installed and the printer properties looked nothing like the the PCL version. There may be a light version of the postscript driver. I'll do some more testing and let you know.

aleksander
05-11-2011, 04:06 AM
Try PCL driver. :)
Good luck

oldschool
05-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I had another PC with XP on it and I installed the same postscript driver (same file) I used in windows 7. On XP, Postscript has all the same features as PCL. I have no idea why when I installed this driver on Windows 7 I lost all those features (if it matters, advanced printing features are enabled). I have another Win 7 32 bit I can get my hands on that has never had a printer installed. I'll install the same postscript driver and let ya know.

DocuSystems
05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Sounds like you are seeing the Win 7 built in PS driver. Perhaps Win 7 automatically chose it when you used the add printer wizard. There's an option that tells Windows to automatically select the driver to use. Bet this option was checked when you installed it.

BlueBlazer
05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Sounds like you are seeing the Win 7 built in PS driver. Perhaps Win 7 automatically chose it when you used the add printer wizard. There's an option that tells Windows to automatically select the driver to use. Bet this option was checked when you installed it.

I think hes right the Built in win 7 driver is bare bones minimal. You have to actually select the driver through "Have Disk" to get all the goodies.

Custom Search