PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C253 Transfer Belt Help

Custom Search

desperdo78
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi All,

I have a c253 which has recently displayed the message 'transfer belt needs to be replaced soon'.

I have ordered a new transfer belt, but am told delivery can take up to 3 weeks!

Machine is still printing ok just now, but can anyone tell me how many prints I can expect to get before it completely stops?

Or is there a way to round this temporarily until my new transfer belt arrives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

blazebusiness
05-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I believe you can keep printing for quite a while until another assembly also needs to be replaced. I think it takes two maintenance items needing replacement to shut down printing. (excluding IU's and toner of course)

mgutski
05-10-2011, 04:18 PM
you can also re-fuse the transfer belt to get rid of the message.

emujo
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Just an FYI... you can re-fuse the unit..we try to get 2 life spans out of each 1, but if you put the wrong fuse in you will blow the new unit installed circuitry on the PWB. You have to get these fuses from a specialty electronics store or if you search the forum you may find a part #. BTW, you should be able to run around 20K past the replace message. Emujo

sostek
07-27-2011, 09:40 PM
I have a Bizhub C203 with a similar issue. Can the message be reset in service mode. I've worked on copiers forever, but am new to Bizhubs-tradein. Im interrested in the fuse info.

Thanx
Scott

Woxner
07-27-2011, 10:03 PM
if you update to a new firmware you can change the soft switch and this will never come on again same with fuser and image units

ck1
07-28-2011, 01:50 AM
if you update to a new firmware you can change the soft switch and this will never come on again same with fuser and image units
oh.... IU also can off it ? i'will try which firmware ?

Woxner
07-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Email at this address and I will send you the bulletin. It's easier then to explain the steps.woxner@ copytronics.net

inutelkamo
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
refuse.. until your stock came.. but be sure you put the correct fuse rating...GOODLUCK!

jimenda
07-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Hi
I have a c353 which has recently displayed the message 'transfer belt needs to be replaced soon'.
i have insert a different Transfer belt unit it kept showing , i changed the fuse on both transfer still no improvement, please is there something am supposed to do or am not doing ? please any body with any idea should let me know.

Thanks

copyman
07-03-2021, 01:10 PM
Hi
I have a c353 which has recently displayed the message 'transfer belt needs to be replaced soon'.
i have insert a different Transfer belt unit it kept showing , i changed the fuse on both transfer still no improvement, please is there something am supposed to do or am not doing ? please any body with any idea should let me know.

Thanks

Are you sure you put the right fuse in "80mA"? If you put wrong fuse in it may have damaged the reset circuity. At this point only option is to update the firmware and try to turn off messages. Not sure if this model but with some you cannot turn off consumable messages once they are on, even with new F/W

jimenda
07-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Are you sure you put the right fuse in "80mA"? If you put wrong fuse in it may have damaged the reset circuity. At this point only option is to update the firmware and try to turn off messages. Not sure if this model but with some you cannot turn off consumable messages once they are on, even with new F/W

Thanks very much for your response. Please how do i Update the firmware

Synthohol
07-03-2021, 04:09 PM
ive always used a pico fuse 1/16A (.063A)
worked great.

5 Pack Littelfuse Pico Fuse 125V 0.062A 63mA 1/16 AMP FAST BLOW AXIAL | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/402665215544)

Toxic
07-03-2021, 06:47 PM
I have used 100mA (0.1A) fast acting glass fuse for old belts, fusers, drums ...and it always work.
My opinion is that most important is to use FAST acting fuses.
Few of my coleagues manage to damage boards when using slow acting fuses and stronger than 100mA.

Custom Search