PDA

View Full Version : c203,253, 353 laser units

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
05-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Today i changed another set for the first time in a long time on a c203.

had the constant error code, black polygon motor failing to rotate.

Its my understanding that another fault on some early laser units the SOS mirror used to come unstuck due to poor quality glue.

I intend to keep the remaining 3 good units incase of future emergency.

i opened the faulty black unit and fount the polygon motor totally seized, any reason i cant just swap this motor over with another one i come across in future to make a decent spare set again? the motor itself has no adjustments in mounting or electronically so i dont see why not.

Officially we are not allowed to open these things but rules are meant for breaking :cool:

Zeldaman
05-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi there!
It´s a good idea to keep the 3 laser´s for emergency-use. But to change the motor is a bad one! These PH´s are so lousy manufactured, that we change allways all4 PH´s and send the old back to K-M for recycling. I think you can use the time better than repairing this CRAP.
Greetings...

EarthKmTech
05-13-2011, 11:51 AM
haha, i certainly agree with you there, those ph units are crap.

otherwise ive had no real issues with that range other than the transfer belt retraction actuator debacle on early serial machines - that was a nightmare.

What i dont get is, on the c250 - c352 range i only ever replaced 1 print head set and it was destroyed by the operator attempting to clean them while coated in developer - end result, very poor print quality, the lense looked like it was cleaned with a kitchen scourer. never to this day have i had legitimate polygon or sos troubles on that range at all. the units must be quite similar in construction surely.

Custom Search