PDA

View Full Version : Dp-4520 lite copies

Custom Search

hardcore
05-13-2011, 04:15 PM
I have a dp-4520 keeps getting lite copies developer has been changed and keeps getting lite! We do a forced toner and last for a few days and comes back.???

mojorolla
05-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Is the Quantum on ? F5-25, I always turn this off on the older ones. Set F6-21 to -35 to -40 and then manually add toner. Run 100 or more dark copies and see how it looks. If copiers still look bad, do a "panic stop" and see how the image is on the drum. If it is light on the drum, could be a charge problem.

Logged-on
05-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Are you using after market toner? We began using aftermarket toner, now about 50% of our service calls on these machines are for light copies. What we are finding is that the toner bottle isn't allowing the toner into the hopper when the bottles get low. I had one customer recently that began replacing their toner when they start getting light copies, and said they haven't had an issue with light copies after they started doing that.

If you aren't using AM toner, the first thing I would do is to replace the charge wire, if the parts have been in the machine for a long time it seems they will sometimes fail by age, not just copy count, so I might suggest replacing the drum and all drum cavity PM parts.

Custom Search