PDA

View Full Version : PICO FUSE/C252. It's all my fault!!!

Custom Search

krazeekidz3
05-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi everyone! I have a small problem and IT"S ALL MY FAULT!!!! Help, please. We all make mistakes, right?
I was going to order a new fuser unit for my customer who has a C252. I was there last week and noticed the message. I FORGOT to write it down and I didn't get it ordered!!!! She just called and said the machine is down! I know that a pico fuse can be used, there is a bulletin on the KMBS Knowledge Base. It doesn't say how to get it or give a part number. It simply state where the fuse is located in the fuser unit.

Can I buy the pico fuse from an electronics store? If so what do I ask for?
I'd really like to get the machine going ASAP! I would rather not admit guilt and have to order a fuser unit, "Next Day Air"!!
Can I order the fuse from KMBS? That should be cheaper than the whole fuser unit! (if I have to go the "Next Day Air" route!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your time!!!

mrwho
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone! I have a small problem and IT"S ALL MY FAULT!!!! Help, please. We all make mistakes, right?
I was going to order a new fuser unit for my customer who has a C252. I was there last week and noticed the message. I FORGOT to write it down and I didn't get it ordered!!!! She just called and said the machine is down! I know that a pico fuse can be used, there is a bulletin on the KMBS Knowledge Base. It doesn't say how to get it or give a part number. It simply state where the fuse is located in the fuser unit.

Can I buy the pico fuse from an electronics store? If so what do I ask for?
I'd really like to get the machine going ASAP! I would rather not admit guilt and have to order a fuser unit, "Next Day Air"!!
Can I order the fuse from KMBS? That should be cheaper than the whole fuser unit! (if I have to go the "Next Day Air" route!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your time!!!

I usually reset the fuser without any fuse. I'll describe my procedure next, but please bear in mind the following:

- It's a dangerous procedure and others on this forum will probably tell you so. It is true. I've done this several times myself with no ill effect, but if you don't follow my instructions to the letter - and even if you do! - there can be disastrous results. I'm writing this warning because if something goes awry, it's not my responsibility.

Nevertheless if you are willing to try, here's what I do:

Preparation

- Remove the fuser, and place it on a table upside down.

- Remove one screw in the area bellow the connector and take out the cover

- Find the two wires that connect to the fuse. Take out the fuse, and keep the two wires with the metal on sight (I usually cut the fuse just next to the ceramic part and leave the metal prongs soldered to the wire).

- Assemble the fuser unit but keep the two wires on the outside (Again, I usually pass the two wires on the small orifice where the cover latch fits).

- Install the fuser on the machine. Connect all the connectors, but keep the two exposed wires handy next to the white connector - you'll need to handle them soon. Don't place the covers yet.

- Close the front door, leave the right door open.

Action

Read these to the end until you're ready to do it:

1) With your left hand, keep the two wires touching.

2) With your right hand, close the right door

3) As soon as you hear the machine motors turn, release the wires in your left hand

If all went well, your fuser will be reset.
If it didn't work properly and the machine gives out an SC code related to the inability of reseting the unit, you probably held the wires for too long.
If it didn't work properly and the fuser wasn't reset, you probably didn't held the wires long enough.

Again, I do this all the time, but it could go wrong for you. Take care.

Hansoon
05-14-2011, 03:43 PM
You could put in series a current meter (most preferably analog) and as soon as it reaches 10mA disconnect the wires.

That's how we did it in the EP-2121 era.......

Hans

remati
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
...A fuse of 0.05 A is very cheap ....why do not you use one?
You can buy one at any shop ....

mrwho
05-15-2011, 12:46 AM
...A fuse of 0.05 A is very cheap ....why do not you use one?
You can buy one at any shop ....

All the machines I service are ready to have their fuser reset. I just need to take out the cover on the paper exit, shunt the wires, close the right door and release them. Then I isolate the wires with some tape and put the cover back in.

5 minutes tops.

PeterG
05-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Mrwho that is one Gung Ho approach. Use a fuse.

Custom Search