PDA

View Full Version : banding c6500

Custom Search

random
08-14-2007, 08:05 AM
The attached image is a slight exaggeration of what I am getting but I guess you will get the picture. Yellow banding - anyone had similar?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=91&stc=1&d=1187075052

AusiTech
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Hi Random

Does this occur on full color and/or individual ones?

Might be dev sleeve or waste toner blocking up on t/belt unit.

I'm trying to think what 2" diameters are in the machine...

What about 2nd transfer roller?

There are small belts that drive the waste toner on the drum units at the rear wall of the machine, I've had them strip teeth, might cause banding. Bit bigger than 2" though.

Is it getting worse?

random
08-16-2007, 08:02 AM
It is is only yellow as blue, magenta, cyan black are fine. Have put in new tank & belt, hasn't hit it's first kit yet so one would hope all the other stuff is fine.

AusiTech
08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Might be a faulty drum, you could swap it with another color to check.
The laser units are known to play up in early models, you could swap that too. make sure you set the values right when changing.
cheers

Haroldbfix
02-04-2008, 02:22 AM
The attached image is a slight exaggeration of what I am getting but I guess you will get the picture. Yellow banding - anyone had similar?

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=91&stc=1&d=1187075052

I have seen this problem as well. Unfortuately there is no known fix. I have address this issue with SSD and have sent samples as well. This has been escalated to Japan as far as I know. There are a number of C6500 that are doing this.

This bands will show up usually when half tone are used.

random
02-04-2008, 05:03 AM
The fix for this is a third type of color registration assembly. The toner density is insufficient in the developer tank and this banding is caused by the developer tank not having enough toner on the mag roll. Request the latest version and fit it, make sure you do all the gamma sensor calibrations and setups.

Haroldbfix
02-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Where can this third type color registration be found? No one else seems to know about this?

random
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Part number is A03UR79800 good luck!

Haroldbfix
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Ill order a couple and install them on a couple of notorious machines. Thanks!!!

random
02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
The part is not specifically for that fault but we have found it solves this problem. Make sure you do gamma sensor calibration.

mikeena
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
if this dont work what i would try to do is switch the developing units leaving the front doors open so it dont dump toner in and leave the yellow developing unit out. ex. switch yellow and black positions jig the door and keep yellow on the outside. see if the black starts to transfer over if not try replacing the unit. i have bandiing issues only on this machine twice each time it was the developing unit

Haroldbfix
02-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Weve tried 4 dev units, write units, image process board, Printer control board, transfer unit complete, re PM machine twice (drums dev coronas, etc...), and replace everything else that moves still same results. Im hoping this new part gamma unit solves this nightmare. Ive talk to KMBS Instructors, DSM and any and everybody else out there including tech support. Konica aknowleged the sameples that were sent however has not produced a resolution.

random
02-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I feel your pain, we did the same!

Operator Error
02-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Did you try the flexcapacitor HAHA just kidding bitches. I've had this issue before and I corrected it with swapping out the coronas with fresh ones.

random
02-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Swapping coronas? didn't think of that. (please sense sarcasm)

Haroldbfix
02-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey Random, I received the Color registrtation unit. I will perform all the gamma adjustments afterwards. Is there anything else that I should know? Calibration of the Fiery etc...?

DadO
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I saw this on C252 and its developer.Machine, literal eat all developer since there was missing toner on developer(god know why) as in developer chamber

Check the level of developer

bowser
04-10-2008, 05:41 AM
i have also seen this problem and
the gear drive was damaged from shipping on the back of the dev in the magroller
(only if it is wider gap and more noticeable on the back side)
yours looks far worse though

bowser
04-11-2008, 06:05 AM
just a guess after some research on this banding problem i beleave it is bias in the devunit. i think the dc bias hsa been lost in the one colour
unit (see pdf attachment). you can confirm this by adjusting developer AC frequency in service mode-process adjustment-process fine adjustment.
increase the frequency and the banding should move from 2 inches to 2+ .
play with these adjustments and see if something under fine adjustments may solve your problem. possibly HV1 may need to be replaced or check your contacts.
i do not have a machine doing this at this time to confirm.
please let me know if anyone has a opinion on this thought.
random hope this helps also feel your pain
:rolleyes:

random
04-12-2008, 04:42 AM
This does make some effect on the banding but unfortunately you get extremely grainy highlight areas.

jon333
04-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi Random

with the banding issues, had very simular fault with all individual colors at half tone found that replacing the complete transfer unit fixed the problem. please let me know how you went.

beano
04-18-2008, 02:01 AM
try swapping charge units to see if problem follows

Custom Search