PDA

View Full Version : Konica C220 - recommend a print server?

Custom Search

swt
05-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi,

we're due to take delivery of a C220 this week. I don't know if it will come with Bluetooth and may need to use a wireless print server - any recommendations or do they all do the same job?

DocuSystems
05-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Bluetooth doesn't come with it, though there is a bluetooth accessory that can be added. It's really designed for printing from a mobile device as the pin changes everytime you use it. Not really good for using it to print from computers. You can use what's called a wireless bridge, I have used a LinkSys WET54G which is reliable enough, but it's a little complicated to set up. I highly recommend using a wired ethernet connection if possible. Wireless printing will be half as fast as wired 10/100 and the wired connection is more reliable. Cost for a drop generally is less as well.

swt
05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi and thanks very much for the reply.

We're still awaiting delivery but will probably try to move things around so the printer is wired to a wireless router through which clients can reach it.

Johana
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
We use Silex print server with KonicaMinolta machines for Usb printing

silex technology - Products - USB Device Servers - SX-2000U2 (http://www.silexeurope.com/en/home/products/usb-device-servers/sx-2000u2.html)

Custom Search