PDA

View Full Version : NVRam Service/CE Code

Custom Search

Phill.Harden
05-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone

I have 3 low volume Di2510s which I have just discovered have a unique service password set.

I cannot obtain this password from the wholesaler who supplied them.

I am not directly connected to the local Konica Minolta distribution channel within Australia and can not obtain exchange nvram units.

Phase2 service manual says if code is forgotten then PWB-A will have to be replaced.

Is someone aware if the service code is retained in the 1K EEPROM IC3 plugged into PEB-A

Without obvious options I am inclined to dump the memory in the ROM board and attempt to force a full initialise, but I don't know if this will lock up the machine.

Possibly others have been in this same position and can offer advice or a pointer or two.

Thanks... Phill

RRodgers
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
What I remember from school is if you forget the CE password yep you are going to have to replace the board. (or was it NVram?) uggg it's been years. I would think the code is held in the NVram. A full wipe might help but yeah, it can be a pain to reset the machine back up again. Course, if you change the NVram you are going to have to do that anyways.
Good luck.

Custom Search