PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 350 C-4721

Custom Search

mgf
08-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Good day.

This machine had to have the harness that connects the HV1, Developer Unit, Main Counter and assorted sensors to the PWB-A because it had been gnawed on by a mouse.

We experienced first a code 2557 and that is what led us to find the broken harness.

After replacement we found that we now have a code 4721 and have done everything short of replacing the machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

MGF

sefakos
08-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Check the power supply unit.

mgf
08-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Thank you sefakos we are waiting on a power supply. I will post results

mgf

mgf
08-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Replaced PU to no effect. I wish Koninolta would tell me exactly what could cause this code, aside from their broad explanations.

I have asked them to get with engineering to request more info on this but they have not responded.

bgbas
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
According to my info, the IC mounted on the MC board has failed.

Good luck

mgf
08-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Unfortunately for us, we have replaced the PWB-A and IC as a set and it still pops the same code. I asked Konica if this was OK, in other words, that the IC/PWB combo is not tied to a machine and they said they are only tied to each other.

I am running out of ideas and stuff to replace. So far we have replaced

PWB-A and IC as a set
MFBS
BCRS
HV
PU
and the chewed up harness.

The machine turns on, fuser does not come on, PU fan comes on, panel lights with KM logo, DF goes red (no siren) and up pops C4721.

We are able to go into service modes from the utility SW and from the soft reset.

We reset the trouble code and then we get an abort 0x00f00b00 which relates to their infamous NVRAM, however, we have swapped the MFBS/NVRAM combo to no avail.

All ideas are appreciated.

tnx mgf

Scott_Lewis
08-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I am running out of ideas and stuff to replace. So far we have replaced

PWB-A and IC as a set
MFBS
BCRS
HV
PU
and the chewed up harness.

The machine turns on, fuser does not come on, PU fan comes on, panel lights with KM logo, DF goes red (no siren) and up pops C4721.

All ideas are appreciated.

OK, here are some ideas......

1. If the old harness wasn't too badly damaged, track down what wires / signals / components could have been shorted , especially to the high voltage.

2. Remove/disconnect every possible option from the main machine including the HDD.

3. Try another Laser Board - that has a data buss that might be connected to this mysterious GA gate array. Same reason for removing the HDD. Those were the only units that I saw that had a data buss.

Good luck. Shorting the HV to the electronics sounds like a nightmare. It could have gotten to just about anything in the copier.

mgf
08-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks Scott Lewis, let me try that on Monday. Appreciate the ideas.

mgf

CMB
08-20-2007, 02:07 AM
c 4721 after the pwb-a was replaced.

eeprom not transferred from original pwb-a

install the original eeprom (IC3A) onto the replacement pwb-a

this was all i could find.

Bizhub
08-21-2007, 08:27 PM
It sounds like the eprom is not fitted correctly or it is damaged. Remember the cut out on the board meets the dot on the IC

Firstly check all the connections of the new board and refit the old eprom (if you still have it)
In the past I have had silly faults caused by the mechanical counter.

I am not sure if the nvram would cause this fault, but swap it with a working machine to find out.

Hope this helps

Regards

Bizhub

Downunder
08-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Just a thought, have you tried putting another image unit in, have some tricky faults with these sometimes.

Downunder
08-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Just a thought, have you tried putting another image unit in the machine. These can produce some weird faults

Custom Search