PDA

View Full Version : Need to flush bad toner out of Bizhub 350 hopper....any shortcuts?

Custom Search

mjunkaged
05-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Anyone found a fast easy non-messy way of flushing out bad toner from a Bizhub 350? The starter, drum, dev. unit and fuser will be replaced so don't want aftermarket/wrong model/godknowswhereitcamefrom toner in the hopper when that gets done!

I'm thinking, remove the suspect bottle, and run skyshots til it's exhausted.
I know the best way is to disassemble and vacuum the hopper and sub-hoppers........also wondering if having the customer put a genuine toner in now may help speed things up. I know from past experience that may cause a nice toner splatter on all the prints. They already look like crap anyway!

pepper38_cnd
05-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Running sky shots well it may delete toner from the Dev assy, will not necessarily remove much from the hopper. If disassembly is not in your favor. You can try vacuuming hopper from top and bottom of the hopper, the hopper is not really that large. Then insert the proper toner and run a bunch of sky shots and watch to see if toner bottle spins. If it does vacuum toner again from the bottom of the hopper. do this several times and then do your regular PM drum and dev. Let us know if it works for you.

fixthecopier
05-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Unless it was the wrong toner, I would not be concerned that nuch about it. If it is really bad toner or wrong, then no shortcuts, vacuum everything. I have had the wrong toner put in my machines almost 40 times. Usually with a funnel. A couple of times it was liquid and one time ground charcoal from a water filter. I consider myself an expert on wrong toner.

Custom Search