PDA

View Full Version : Scratch in image Bizhub C5501

Custom Search

bpifer15
05-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I am getting 2 scratchs going through my image only on the black. It started as only 1 scratch and is not 2. I checked guides and do not see anything. Any suggestions on where to look?

ineo+6501
05-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Dust on the black laser, clean the glass

bpifer15
05-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Great I will try that. Thanks

bpifer15
05-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Only one line went away. I cleaned the glass twice, the one line went away right after the first cleaning. The second line still remains. Any other place to look?

RRodgers
05-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Only one line went away. I cleaned the glass twice, the one line went away right after the first cleaning. The second line still remains. Any other place to look?

Under the black dev unit.

JustManuals
05-19-2011, 05:24 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

bpifer15
05-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Cleaned out under the black developer and still have the line. Anywhere else or is it just a matter of cleaning it better??? Thanks for the help!

RRodgers
05-19-2011, 06:19 PM

Its blockage in the doc blade gap then, take off the bottom cover and use a bisiness card to clean it out.

bpifer15
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Sorry, not sure if I know what you mean by doc blade gap?

minimerlin
05-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Possibly a hair is hanging from the grid?

ineo+6501
05-20-2011, 06:17 AM
The doc blade is the metal plate which controls how much developer attaches to the magnetic roller in the developer unit. A business card carefully dragged through the gap between this blade and mag roller can remove any build up of grit or whatever which may be stopping the developer getting through in that spot.

akiyimba
05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
dear sir
some times may caused by the charger try changing it and see i experienced this on asmaller machine

Cantechman
05-20-2011, 03:40 PM
I had a similar line on that model one time. It was a piece of lint under the developer unit.(interfering with the laser path to the drum) You should remove the black unit and use a good cloth wipe it up real good there. It can be a very small piece of debris that can cause interference. If that doesn't work, look at the dev unit to make sure it has a uniform coating on it. Next I would switch the corona unit to see if the problem moves.

bpifer15
05-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the description. I will give that a shot

Herrmann
05-21-2011, 11:00 PM
As cantechman said, it can be a very small piece of dust causing this lines. The 5501/6501 are great boxes but they are extremly vulnerable for dust in the Laser Path. Even though your Problem only is in the BK Area, you should remove all developing units, clean them from toner as the duct where they sit in also. If this Problem occurs often, you should think about the little modification i made to get rid of this Problem

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/48461-how-get-rid-thin-white-lines-due-dust-6500-6501-a.html?highlight=#post207890

Desert Rat
05-23-2011, 05:55 AM
On each developer unit just above the mag roller is a blade that is set to only allow a certain
amount of developer mix to flow over the mag roller. Sometimes a chunk of toner or a small ball of lint
will get caught under the blade and create a light streak on the mag roller by disrupting the flow
of developer mix. Sliding a business card under the blade will sometimes dis-lodge what ever
is causing the flow problem. Usually for me it just moves to another location. But at least I was able
to influence the problem and know where it is. If that is what is happening.
Also this could be caused by a dirty charger corona wire. Use the wire cleaner and then a damp Qtip
over the wire. Be sure and check the gird for any stray lint or hairs.
Swapping the chargers is usually the fastest way to eliminate them from the problem.

DR

bpifer15
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I changed the corona with a different one and still get the same results. I also tried the business card trick with no luck. I guess I need to open her up again and look for dust and hair again

Desert Rat
05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Sometimes, it is possible to use the sample copy and place it in the paper path and look
for something that matches up with the line when the paper is somewhat centered in
the paper path.
Also look around the transfer belt and the transfer roller in the paper path. Be sure and check
the toner catch sheet below the transfer belt. I got this caught up on the belt and it
very lightly contacted the drum and made some lines. Bend it down
so it does not contact anything. It should be parallel with the floor.

DR

graphicmood
06-19-2011, 01:34 AM
I think some dust attaches on the PET sheet which is equipped as the countermeasure against ozone, you should remove charging corona for all colors and remove process carriage. Remove transfer belt and remove the drum unit on which white line appears. There is some PET sheet between the gap of drum potential and charging corona, try to remove the dust with the edge of cut sheet of paper.

kronical
06-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Under the black dev unit.

Actually, ABOVE the black dev unit. This is where the black laser passes to the drum itself. The slightest amount of lint or dust in here will cause this. Also, swap your charge units to see if the issue moves with the charge unit, as it can cause this as well.

rangertech
06-21-2011, 10:39 AM
i agree with graphicmood, i have same problem like that and the solution is clean the PET sheet between the gap of drum potential and charging with paper or business card

sim22
10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=bpifer15;220487]I am getting 2 scratchs going through my image only on the black. It started as only 1 scratch and is not 2. I checked guides and do not see anything. Any suggestions on where to look?

probably black dev unit, had same fault myself cleaned doctor blade as mentioned in other replies fault cleared

Desert Rat
10-05-2011, 02:45 AM
I ran into something similar on the C500 where there was so much dust collecting on the laser unit heat sink
it would throw an over heat code. It is also posible that the dust is inside the black laser unit.
It is on the right side of the machine, the bottom unit. Take off the cover on the right side and see
how much dust has collected. You may have to remove the black laser unit to get to the last piece
of glass that is shines through. Follow the instruction in the book, it is not that hard. Just don't
drop the unit or place it down hard. I have had good luck taking the cover of the unit off and with
a can of air lightly from about 12" away blow the loose dust out and wipe the mirrors very carefully
with a tee-shirt soft cloth or a printers cotton pad. That was on the C500 machine.
I saw on a board somewhere, where someone put a piece of cheese cloth over that side to improve
air filtration.
You can also swap the drum units for troubleshooting just to eliminate a drum problem. But that can usually
be seen.

SCHWARZ
10-06-2011, 01:59 AM
try cleaning the write unit (P/H unit) Black.

Custom Search