PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420

Custom Search

bushy
05-20-2011, 04:26 AM
Have a Bizhub 420 that jams at the reg.roller with the rear edge of the paper scrunched up after the loop roller as if rego roller has not started and the loop roller has run on.
Not sure which clutch is at fault or if its the temp.stop sensor?
From what I have read on web sites both of these clutches play up.
I am about to order both clutches but am curious which one you think it may be.
It looks sraightforward removing this assembly though I havnt removed one before so any advice on removal of the transport unit assy would be great.

Thanks
Bushy

JustManuals
05-20-2011, 05:06 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

fixthecopier
05-20-2011, 11:52 AM
It will come off the machine easy enough, although remember Konica puts their stuff together well. Lots of screws in that machine. I think the gear pack that drives the fuser is bad about breaking teeth

manuelcorrea
05-20-2011, 02:35 PM
replace the registration assembly and clutch

mo0651
05-20-2011, 02:57 PM
do both clutches while you are there. saves you some time.

manuelcorrea
05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
registration assy. comes with one clutch--you will need the other one

EarthKmTech
05-20-2011, 10:54 PM
is this issue happening with single or double sided prints ?

Another common issue with these machines is the duplex unit clutches, which cause a timing issue in double sided long edge feed a4, but not in short edge feed. the paper will seem to be jamming at the rego unit - but it isnt. I'm sure everyone has seen this by now though, the early machines were terrible.

bushy
05-25-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks guys

I replaced both clutches. Fixed the problem.
Had fun working out how to remove assy. and replugging the clutches under the dev guide but all good now.

Bushy

Custom Search