PDA

View Full Version : RICOH AFICIO 3800C error - SC385

Custom Search

SonyaN
01-30-2005, 03:08 AM
Disclaimer: I am not a tech. ;) I am the printer owner who owns her own small home business and can\\\'t afford a printer tech. LOL.

I am getting a SC385 error. Can anyone tell my what this error refers to and how to fix it? In laymans terms, please. I\\\'m pretty handy, I just need some direction.

Mike B
02-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Yesterday I spent a little time looking for the information for you. However seems Ricoh holds it pretty close to the vest on this error code business.

This seems to be a fairly new forum and maybe you should post it in another as we may not have a Ricoh technician avialable here yet.

I also don\'t know if it is possible for you but they say on there site that you can call there salesman on error codes. Of coarse you know that they will want to send a technician to your door.

If you can figure out what the code means we can give you general information on the laser process and tests to check some things and might be able to help you than. I did look in there user manual and did not see it listed.

Hope this helps

rbobarsky@charter.net
02-14-2005, 11:52 PM
SC385: Vsg Adjustment Error
The LCD displays SC385 when the output from the ID sensor is found to be
outside 1.8 ± 0.05 V during Vsg adjustment.
Turning the power off then on resets this condition. However, SC385 is lit again after the end of each copy job even when this SC condition is reset by turning the power off then on. Toner is still supplied, but using fixed supply mode, until a subsequent Vsg adjustment is successful.

For Starters

· Dirty ID sensor
· Poor connection of connector
· Defective ID sensor
· Poor cleaning
1. Clean the ID sensor.
2. Check if the sensor connector is properly connected.
3. Replace the ID sensor.
4. Check the drum cleaning unit.

Tonerbomb
02-18-2005, 03:14 AM
You could try new pcu\'s for color and black, but I have found that the paper transfer belt is a more likly cause if it is persistant. This is not a user replacable part, unless your real techy and mechanically inclined

Post edited by: tonerbomb, at: 2005/02/17 19:16

Post edited by: tonerbomb, at: 2005/02/19 10:26

been there
02-19-2005, 10:00 AM
:ohmy: i had a machine with the same code...unplug machine and disconnect the hv connector that supplt bias to dv units and ohm them out...you will find one is shorted to ground...take the grounded bias termenaloff at the dv end and clean real good...toner causing the short

Scott_Lewis
04-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Disclaimer: I am not a tech. ;) I am the printer owner who owns her own small home business and can\\\'t afford a printer tech. LOL.

I am getting a SC385 error. Can anyone tell my what this error refers to and how to fix it? In laymans terms, please. I\\\'m pretty handy, I just need some direction.

Try cleaning the toner density sensor. I -think- it is just uphill from the black pcu. Pull out the K pcu and the belt tray and you should be able to see it.

Scott

Custom Search