PDA

View Full Version : BH421 Dog Ear

Custom Search

jarwil
05-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Have a bh421 that dog ears on the rear lead edge only from large tray 3. Dog ear appears before drum section. When it dog ears the print is skewed so obviously hitting something.

Problem is only does it intermittently. Can go there and do 200 copies with no problem and then customer rings an hour later and is dog earing.

Look at the paper path and unable to see any obstructions.

Customer and myself starting to get annoyed with machine.

Any suggestions would be good. Thanks

Zeldaman
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi there!
Look closely at any guide-mylar in the paper path. Sometimes the guideplate of the separator-assy is worn out, and then you have jam/dog ears.(intermittently)
Greetings...

fixthecopier
05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I have had a di2510 do the same thing, dodear on 1 out of 100 pages. I found one of the mylar guides on the hard plastic guide that the paper leaves the tray on, was slightly hanging over the edge of the hard plastic guide just a bit.

JustManuals
05-25-2011, 05:13 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

EarthKmTech
05-25-2011, 09:17 PM
I have had the black plastic guide that forms part of the vertical paper path on the back of the bypass tray get nicks in it on colour machines at about 800k + pages and cause what your seeing. Never seen it on the b/w machines yet, but anythings possible.

Custom Search