PDA

View Full Version : help me

Custom Search

manara
08-19-2007, 02:46 PM
i have canon np7161 :(
i need to learn how to solve the eroor code .
e000
e001
e002
e003
e004 ... etc
please helpe :eek::eek:

blackcat4866
08-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I have not specifically familiar with the NP7161, but the error codes are common throughout the Canon line. These are all fuser codes. I have cut & pasted in some information. I hope this helps.
E000 open Main Thermistor TH1, open Sub Thermistor TH2, open Heater H1 or H2, open Thermal Switch TS1, faulty SSR, faulty DC controller PCB.
> The fixing temperature does not reach 70°C within 210 seconds after the main power switch is turned ON. Five seconds after E000 is indicated the main power switch turns OFF.
E001 shorted Thermistor TH1, shorted Sub Thermistor TH2, faulty SSR, or faulty DC controller.
> The fixing temperature exceeds 230°C for 2 seconds or more.
> The difference between detected temperature of main thermistor TH1 and sub thermistor TH2 is 50°C for 1 second or more.
E002 open Thermistor TH1, open Heater H1 or H2, open Thermal Switch TS1, faulty SSR, or faulty DC controller.
> Fixing temperature does not reach 100°C within 150 seconds after it has reached 70°C.
> Fixing temperature does not reach 150°C within 150 seconds
after it has reached 100°C.
E003 open Thermistor TH1, open Heater H1 or H2, open Thermal Switch TS1, faulty SSR, or faulty DC controller PCB.
> The fixing temperature drops below 70°C for 2 seconds or more after it has reached 100°C.
E004 shorted SSR, or faulty DC controller PCB.
> The SSR that drives the fixing heater has a short circuit.

willy brown
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
To sort out these errors. short all the capacitors on the DC controller PCB board with a flat screw driver. it works to clear the error codes. try it

CanonHPTech
08-23-2007, 12:11 AM
If it has wheels: roll it out to the curb, peferably on trash day.
If it is light enough to carry: slam dunk it in the dumpster.

Sorry, just realized that this is not a USA model, so I have no opinion outside of what the other fellow said. They are all Fixing/Fuser Codes. Reset 'em, and forget 'em. If they come back, well... run like hell! My only thought that if you are getting them all, one after another, first check for paper wrapped around the Fixing Rollers. Outside of this it could be more logical like the DC Controller since you are getting the full welcoming committe (all E0x codes) of the "Federation of Failed Fixing Assemblies". Good luck.

Custom Search