PDA

View Full Version : di 351f hdd question

Custom Search

brent
05-26-2011, 04:15 PM
customer wants to get rid of the machine. but need to clean the hdd. is that option available for this? accounting machine that he feels he needs to erase important data.
even though I think konica minolta has it figured out that once the hdd is removed from a machine it can not be hooked back up and the hdd accessed? could someone smarter then me on this please explain it a little better? thanks you guys

brent

JSC
05-26-2011, 06:06 PM
:pWow you could get a hard drive for a Di351.......................what was it about 4gb!!:confused:

SPBE
05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
The only reason that you would need to wipe the hdd is if the customer was storing anything in the user box. But I've never seen that model with an hdd.

ck1
05-27-2011, 05:21 AM
The only reason that you would need to wipe the hdd is if the customer was storing anything in the user box. But I've never seen that model with an hdd.
me tooo .........

Darren King
05-27-2011, 01:33 PM
If you aren't reusing the HDD a hammers is great at rendering them unreadable.
Just a thought.
Darren

RRodgers
05-27-2011, 04:05 PM
customer wants to get rid of the machine. but need to clean the hdd. is that option available for this? accounting machine that he feels he needs to erase important data.
even though I think konica minolta has it figured out that once the hdd is removed from a machine it can not be hooked back up and the hdd accessed? could someone smarter then me on this please explain it a little better? thanks you guys

brent

Sell them a new drive, then charge them to put that drive into the copier and give them the old drive. You make money and problem solved.

vincent64
05-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Here is one more ides, de-gauss the HDD, radio stations for years used it to clean magnetic tape, its called bulk tape eraser, radio shack used to sell them, not sure if still do, but I bet a google search would find it, as long as the HDD is used to store jobs and no O/S for the machine, should work just fine, bulk erase it, and reformat it in the machine, no more data on that HDD.

Custom Search